Team members wanted!

niektb

We are looking for additional team members!!!

As you probably might know, we are creating a mod that brings the middle ages to 0 A.D (starting with the early period). If you want to be part of the team and contribute, feel free to reply or PM me to apply.

Currently we are looking for a variety of team members:

3D artists

Mostly we want to re-use the game's art as that saves a lot of time and effort. Unfortunately that's not always possible (think of buildings and ships) and that is why we need 3D artists in our team.

2D artists

Firstly we need texture artists to work on the newly created models and re-texture already existing models to make it fit in our mod. Secondly we need people who are willing to design the UI and create several icons / wallpapers.

Researchers

Our course do we need to have a bunch of researchers who are investigating in history and make proposals for civilizations. Not only do they research, they should also come up with ideas of how to implement stuff in a nice way in the game.

Engineers

No mod team can do without engineers. Our engineers should take care of all XML / JSON files located in the source to make sure that the mod works and resolve mod-related issues. They could perhaps also implement some gameplay code (not in the engine, only things like abilities and auras etc., etc.)

Writer

This is not a really necessary role as it could be done by other team members as well, but is is nice to have a specialized person for it. This person should do the announcements and take care of all linguistic stuff (like descriptions and stuff). He should also make a FAQ. Good English skills are a must, preferably native.

Of course is it not really necessary to be part of the team to contribute, but we like to have some fellows who contribute on a (relatively) regular base to make sure that the mod keeps going at some pace.

Again, feel free to reply or to PM.

Regards,

The team

Edited by niektb

I got my hands tied based on some ancient civs with 0 .A.D. So as far as 3D designing and engineering goes I can't help there at the moment.

I can join as a researcher and art critic.

I can help you guys. I'm 2D artist and learning 3d , I'm graphic designer and Communication Advertising Media.

You're both welcome!

You can probably start with a TODO-list by creating milestones at our github repo:

https://github.com/niektb/milleniumad/issues/milestones

Let's first split up the Viking civ into parts:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17918

We should also check whether art could be re-used or should be newly created. (And implement it in the TODO, you can work in sync with the proposal thread)

@Lion.Kanzen: You can pick a task from the TODO-list as soon as there are items on the list, I don't care which one.

@Romulous: You could also help with the viking research. I would like to finish the land units first and myself, but you can already start with whatever other topic you want.

Edit:

Better use milestones for releases and use issues for tasks.

Edited by niektb

I should mention I can also do the writing bit too. English is my native language.

For a FAQ I need to get more clarity on the theme and content.

Also being a Medieval mod, Byzantium no doubt will be included so Mythos_Ruler can add if he chooses to engage in the unit side of things as Byzantium seems to be his thing.

I can provide references and monitor the architectural aspects of the civ as it's not to distant from Roman design.

The current list is the following:

Northern germanics:

-Vikings

-Saxons

-Allamani

Southern germanics:

-Franks

-Goths

-Lombards

-Burgundians

Romans:

-Eastern Romans

Muslims:

-Arabs

-Berebers

Steppe Nomad (architectural type):

-Slavs

-Avars

But I have some changes (regarding to the germanic factions) I wanted to discuss with NoMolester (He hasn't been online for a while) These are going to be included anyway:

Northern germanics:

-Vikings

-Saxons

Southern germanics:

-Franks

Romans:

-Eastern Romans

Muslims:

-Arabs

-Berebers

Steppe Nomad (architectural type):

-Slavs