save the game is impossible

newcivs

First off you are making the bug report in the wrong place and you have not provided enough information to repeat it but I can guess what the problem is a new version of the binary was committed earlier today so any save with a older exe will fail to load BTW I just tried to save with the new binary on my system and it works so provide all the relevant info OS, svn revision number, full log and all the steps to to reproduce said bug.

Enjoy the Choice :)

First off you are making the bug report in the wrong place and you have not provided enough information to repeat it but I can guess what the problem is a new version of the binary was committed earlier today so any save with a older exe will fail to load BTW I just tried to save with the new binary on my system and it works so provide all the relevant info OS, svn revision number, full log and all the steps to to reproduce said bug.

Unless the topic has been moved it's in the right place :unsure: You are most likely correct about the issue though, saved games should not be expected to work between version, even SVN revisions (in most cases they probably will, but it's better to assume they won't and finish playing the match before updating :) ).

• Like 1

i'm using GNU/Linux

Russian Fedora Remix "exactly", not windows

SVN does not provide a new pyrogenesis on Linux Lion one has to build it from the source code ;) oneself.It is only provided for Windows as most M$ users do not have access to Visual Studio or the inclination to learn how to use it.Newciv from what I can read on that screen capture it can not rebuild the game state because of serialization errors which as feneur said is to be expected with differing binaries and any major change in Java Script as well.BTW do you run the svn version in user or system land I find that running svn projects in user land much more convenient that doing "make Install" every few days.

• Like 1

The posted screenshot shows a failure loading a saved game, not saving it :) Did you try saving the game with one version, then update SVN, and try loading with another version? As others have said, that won't work - we don't yet make any effort for saved games to be compatible between different versions, the game changes too frequently. If you saved and loaded with the same version, that would indicate some other problem.

• Like 2

The posted screenshot shows a failure loading a saved game, not saving it :) Did you try saving the game with one version, then update SVN, and try loading with another version? As others have said, that won't work - we don't yet make any effort for saved games to be compatible between different versions, the game changes too frequently. If you saved and loaded with the same version, that would indicate some other problem.

may be he thinks his saved file was corrupted. Whatever we need explains about some matters about using SVN game build.