What I Would Like To See.

Greek_Basileus

I am new to this forum; Im an old school RTS player - AOE; This game has a lot of potential; what i personaly would like to see; (Just my oppinion after trying the un completed game)

# I personally do not like the way the AI builds buildings and expands too much all over the map; i would prefer them to have well built compact bases surrounded by walls) They are just too aggresive. Maybe building military buildings near an enemy base should not be allowed; this would stop them from rushing too easy.

# Graphic wise i hope to see a higher resolution and higher anti aliasing.

# The sounds of units dieing are too old school. The units are to far apart; they should be more compact. A formation should be at 40 units at max (This will force you to use tactics more often).

#There is no real need to over do the number of unit types; one type of each (Heavy Infantry, Light Infantry, Spear Infantry, Archers, Skirmishes, Light Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry, Siege and Special Units (unique such as Spartans, Immortals, Gaulic Champions e.g. and Priests) e.g.)

# Mercenaries should be there as well - Not too much of them; The Carthagians and Persians should have benefits with Mercenaries.

# Set the population limit to 200 at max; will force you to choose units wisely.

# Dont forget Wonder, Relic and Trade Route victories)

# There needs to be an Egyptian Civilization (even if their units are a bit outdated; pre Ptolemaic) ; they were still around during the Iron Age; i suppose Persia can represent the Near East)

Edited by Greek_Basileus

Welcome, thanks for Feedback. to the Forum.

I am new to this forum; Im an old school RTS player - AOE; This game has a lot of potential; what i personaly would like to see; (Just my oppinion after trying the un completed game)

me too, The game hsve a powerfull Potencial I believe that. im RTS Player too.

# I personally do not like the way the AI builds buildings and expands too much all over the map; i would prefer them to have well built compact bases surrounded by walls) They are just too aggresive. Maybe building military buildings near an enemy base should not be allowed; this would stop them from rushing too easy.

The Ai still basic don't expect to much yet.

# Set the population limit to 200 at max; will force you to choose units wisely.

you can setup in Options.

# Dont forget Wonder, Relic and Trade Route victories)

We don't Forget that.

# There needs to be an Egyptian Civilization; they were still around during the Iron Age; i suppose Persia can represent the Near East)

Ptomaic Egypt is now in conceptual art.

http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=16960

even are planned The Seleucids.

we have trac for you can view the Changes and Planned stuff.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameplayFeatureStatus

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Instead of creating a new thread about subject matter discussed a hundred times over, you should take the time to read the forum. There are also good reasons why we do not have certain material in the game yet. If you can not find an answer to a suggestion, then we would be interested into replying.

Sorry if I seem a little harsh, but it does get irritating to see a new thread suggesting ideas that has already been constantly discussed in other threads.

Edited by Sighvatr
  • Like 2

Instead of creating a new thread about subject matter discussed a hundred times over, you should take the time to read the forum. There are also good reasons why we do not have certain material in the game yet. If you can not find an answer to a suggestion, then we would be interested into replying.

Sorry if I seem a little harsh, but it does get irritating to see a new thread suggesting ideas that has already been constantly discussed in other threads.

Easy man , a one time i say that, and the Moderators say me calm down. but you are right ;).

Welcome to the forums! As Sighvatr mentioned, we have a slight overlap in the same features being suggested. Why not set up something similar to Ideascale? Basically you submit an idea and people vote it up or down. I think it would help by placing all the ideas in one place, being able to filter them and see which ones are most liked.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums! As Sighvatr mentioned, we have a slight overlap in the same features being suggested. Why not set up something similar to Ideascale? Basically you submit an idea and people vote it up or down. I think it would help by placing all the ideas in one place, being able to filter them and see which ones are most liked.

It's a good idea, if there also is some room for the WFG team to add a bit of text with reasoning on why certain highly desired features are not (yet) in the game. An idea like 'MOAR CIVZ' might be popular, but not so feasible :) To avoid future comments like 'you are totally ignoring the fanbase, see the charts' some likelihood estimate could be included for popular ideas.

• Like 1

To not get votes from random people, you can try this: http://www.bidforfix.com/

This forum can still be used to discuss new ideas, and bidforfix can be used as a voting system for very precise parts of code or art. The developers set the price they want to see for it, and if users really want it, developers will get that prize.

It also offers ways to export the data in your own UI, so it could be displayed directly in the 0AD main screen (if you want that of course), that way, people can easily see what features are planned but not implemented, and support those features.

Nice list.

Btw, I know it via the navigation app OsmAnd (http://www.bidforfix.com/p/osmand.net/). But there, they did not want to host extra features. There was work enough hosting and updating the maps. So all other hosting was externalised (code on github, forum via google groups, bug tracker via google code, etc).

Of course, different maintainers, so different wishes. I completely understand you want to host it yourself.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Would anyone know how i can tweak the resolution; someone posted something about it; not a feature of the game right now, thanks in advance.

Please see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Settings for information on how to do it. We hope to make it easier to change the settings of the game in the future, but for now you'll have to edit a config file.