Please increase Cavalry speed!

tribalbeat

As of now, I still see little appeal of creating cavalry units. They are more costly than regular soldiers with stats that don't match up proportionally. I feel that cavalry should move much faster than they currently do in order to help differentiate them from just stronger units.

Cavalry dont use "Run" propiety yet. but is Planned

I'd like to add that once running is implemented, trampling (an ability only available for mounted units) will do bonus damage on impact, and this will be the key to some victories. And yes, cavalry will run unproportionally faster than foot units. Right now, cavalry's worth is mainly to scout and to gather meat from animals (they are much faster at it than common foot citizens).

Without Cavalry siege is difficult to take down. A few weeks ago I made cavalry slightly stronger against ranged units, although that didn't make much of a difference. When trample damage is added and they gain the ability to scatter formations, cavalry will become much more viable, with or without the speed increase.

But that is exactly the problem! Cavalry are worthless at scouting because they simply cannot cover enough ground fast enough!

Women are better for scouting, because they are so cheap (not in real life, just in the game), and they go just as fast. So yes, I agree. If cavalry would be fast enough to run away when scouting, it would be more useful.