I love this forum

Where did you get it from?

did you buy it or made it?

What kind of forum is this?

I supose the admin interface has many cool features, which features does it have?

I even like the skin.

I am making a small browser based mmog (PHP-Mysql + javascript-Ajax-Jquery) and i'd like to have a forum like this one for my little game. I like all the features, for example , you click the page numbers and you can select which page you want to navigate or you put the mouse over a dood, and you can see a preview of his profile:3

If you are curious the name of my game is "Age of Feuds" ^.^ It has many cool features like a family tree you have to keep and every family member can go to battle adding bonuses to the army or stay in a fief adding bonuses to it according to their personality traits (like M2:TW) and you can marry your daughters with other players family members. The rest is like your average bbmmog with units and buildings and resources. Is persistent. Currently is not complete yet. Haven´t implemented the personality traits to the family members and haven´t implemented the military at all, just finished commerce and economy and the stats view. Its not oline yet, i have the domain but i have it running on wampp so not even pre-alfaa :( will upload it to my domain and start betatesting wiz my friends when the military stuff is finished.

Unfortunately the game is in spanish so you cant play it :(

Where did you get it from?

did you buy it or made it?

What kind of forum is this?

I supose the admin interface has many cool features, which features does it have?

I even like the skin.

You are about the forum software, right? It is Invision Power Board. You can see this on the bottom right corner of the page, btw (this probably will work on other forums too). It is proprietary software and costs some money.

From time to time someone raises the question about switching to some open-source alternative, see e.g. #1204, but this can be hard and can cause some issues, so currently we are not planning to do this.

Edit: But if you are going to start from scratch I would recommend to consider free of charge open-source software first, e.g. phpBB.

I don't know about the skin much, it was more customised before, when we used earlier versions of IPB (2.x I think), but current version have relative small modifications as far as I understand.

<...> but as fcxSanya said, phpBB is really nice.

I actually don't know how good it is, but I just see it often here and there, it looks wide-spread amongst free software communities: see e.g. Debian Users Forums, Blender Forums, Battle for Wesnoth Forums, Unknown Horizons Board, FreeGameDev Forums.

Edit: Oh, and our fellows from Scion Development use phpBB too.

I didn't like the admin interface.

1) The customization wasn't good, the general presentation of the forum was confusing and with little opportunuty to change it.

2) Group management was poor.

3) Customization of the skin was poor too, i made my own skin with CSS but i couldn't put it to work correctly.

We are five:

Lion

Enrique

Ludo

NoMolester

Geek

And we are named "NoMolester and his doods".

I am from Mexico, Lion from Central America and the french guy from France, I think we will have some problems logging in at the same time.

What do we do to overcome the timing problem and where can we chat? Any one knows some page or smthng where we can assembly-chat and create a channel? i have micro so micro support would be good too, not cam chat because that is gay and i'm ugly.

Do you know anyone else that speaks spanish?