New match setup options. Population Cap and Starting resouces

Wouldn't be possible to put the map preview in a tab and the map setting in another tab? One could choose the map and see the preview, and then alternate the tab to change the settings of the match and etc.

One of the biggest advantages of the current layout is that you can immediately see what the map you selected looks like. So, I am explicitly against this.

Just have the view map tab as the default?

That doesn't work. We should change the tab to select an another map.

Then we could reduce the width of the chat box by a half, move the map description to left and put the options where the map description is, now.

Remember that this should work on 1024x768. In that resolution, map description shrinks a lot and there won't be enough space for our options.

I have had some thought about that and must say that I prefer it. But there are two problems.

1:People may miss the n. of players box if it is in the top of the page.

I think people would get used to it.

2:Where should we put the more options button then?

Probably right below the map size. The map descriptions are usually rather short, and we already have a scroll bar for them, so it should work fine.

Looks good. I often wondered what the 'C' stands for on the buttons next to the AI drop menus. Would a question mark be better?

If the button must be so small, it would be better to use an icon (maybe a gear?), instead of a cryptic letter. I envision having a number of options for each AI, more than could fit into a single dropdown, but that may be overly ambitious :) I'm thinking we'll need such an advanced options menu for random maps though, so we should plan for that too.

Does anyone else think that the options and map preview in the game setup screen, which is currently on the right, should go on the left? Since that's where the main menu is. You click Single Player -> Matches in the main menu, and then it would be nice if in the next screen (match setup) all the options and stuff were right under your cursor.

Does anyone else think that the options and map preview in the game setup screen, which is currently on the right, should go on the left? Since that's where the main menu is. You click Single Player -> Matches in the main menu, and then it would be nice if in the next screen (match setup) all the options and stuff were right under your cursor.

I already suggested something like that here.

• 2 weeks later...

If the button must be so small, it would be better to use an icon (maybe a gear?), instead of a cryptic letter. I envision having a number of options for each AI, more than could fit into a single dropdown, but that may be overly ambitious :) I'm thinking we'll need such an advanced options menu for random maps though, so we should plan for that too.

I must say, I'd like that. Could allow to set "strategies: all/rusher/boomer/turtler", or whatever.