Mod Idea: Sim city/cit building sim like game based on 0 A.D.

DGMurdockIII

there really need to be a good open surce verson of sim city or good open source city building game yes i now there are are some like opencity with is close it seem dead and lincity-ng still active but isnt much different from a basic city build game look at the new sim city game that coming out im not saying we can do that but we can do something like that

If it interests you there should be an open source TiltedMill style city building game, city building being distinct from sim city and city management, in a few months to a year from now.

Given interest though a half decent C++ programmer could also add support to 0 A.D. for city building. The vast majority of the code is identical to RTS games.

• 1 month later...

Sounds interesting, I would try and help as much as I can, but the best programming I know is making A + B for C++ and not very good at graphics either, but I'm very interested, I could provide you with names for places and probably help a bit with the concept and ideas.

I'd definitely play it if it existed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to also help out with this project. Lucky me I've got about two solid months of free time coming up,(post holidays) during which it is my intention to focus on PROGRAMMERING cause I'm a leuser with few friends. I've been working on my own RTS/civsim with SDL and RUBY. Only, I like zero A.D. way better and I suspect it would be easy to mod my own Ideas. I might like to confer with some of you on this topic later . . .

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can we just get a idea log going at least

I'm still working on my game although my time is sucked up a bit by EVE Online and its likely to get worse as my plans in that game advance. I just started working today but I've been slacking the last few months. I'm not sure if you saw my post on freegamedev or not and I saw this had been posted in only 2 weeks ago so I figured I'd mention it here.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...