More team bonuses?

I was thinking maybe each team could have a second team bonus, but maybe it needs to be unlocked/researched.  Some of the less popular civs could definitely use them so that they are more popular in TGs?  And maybe unlike the original teambonus's they dont effect the host civ, or at least not in 1x1.  For example Spartans get 10% spear health in 1x1/tgs and all their allies get the 10% spear health in TG.  Maybe they also give 10% def to melee troops but not their own?  or something like that.. Spartas team bonus is actually one of the betters imo... teams like Kush and Han could really use a second OP bonus :)

49 minutes ago, Emacz said:

teams like Kush and Han could really use a second OP bonus

I don’t think anyone is really against adding civ bonuses. But, as you can see, there is a lack of good ideas. How can we give each civ two interesting bonuses when some civs already don’t have any. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

I don’t think anyone is really against adding civ bonuses. But, as you can see, there is a lack of good ideas. How can we give each civ two interesting bonuses when some civs already don’t have any. 

Work together and get creative :) I know the idea is to keep things somewhat historically accurate, which i think is a good idea. Try and find whats best about the civs and see if there is a way to add it as a bonus.

Ptoles have trickle of 1 food per second... Would it make sense for any civs to have trickle of 1 wood/sec or 1 wood every 2 seconds? Same with Metal and stone, maybe 1 every 3 seconds or so... something that isnt TOO op?  Again, it could be somethign htat has to be researched so you dont start off the game with it.

• Like 1

I like multiple civ bonuses, but as for team bonuses I think there should only be one. I agree some team bonuses are very lacking (looking at you britons).

The reason for my take is pretty much for simplicity: When you are teaming up with three allies, it is less to keep track of knowing only 3 bonuses may affect you.

Also, by allowing only 1 team bonus, you run less risk in accidentally introducing OP civ stacks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I like multiple civ bonuses, but as for team bonuses I think there should only be one. I agree some team bonuses are very lacking (looking at you britons).

The reason for my take is pretty much for simplicity: When you are teaming up with three allies, it is less to keep track of knowing only 3 bonuses may affect you.

Also, by allowing only 1 team bonus, you run less risk in accidentally introducing OP civ stacks.

But I like when allies think about the bonuses as they choose their civs :) and both teams could run mirror if they thought one set team was OP with bonuses :)  And again if the 2nd one wasn't able to be unlocked until p2 or even p3 you would have to get there first to see if it really made ur team OP :)

1 hour ago, Emacz said:

But I like when allies think about the bonuses as they choose their civs :) and both teams could run mirror if they thought one set team was OP with bonuses :)  And again if the 2nd one wasn't able to be unlocked until p2 or even p3 you would have to get there first to see if it really made ur team OP :)

well, coming from someone who has -tried- to balance civs and design new features, the team bonuses can be limiting. Ie, I am thinking of some civ bonus and I realize that basically the same thing is already a team bonus from another civ. If those bonuses double up, then you have super OP combos of civs, which is not intended.

Then in essence, every team bonus for 1 civ restricts the civ bonus possibilities for all the other civs. Then as you start to add new civs, this task gets harder and harder.

• Like 1