River Delta Map

Not the first map I've made using Atlas editor, but it's the first I'm feeling rather satisfied about :)  I had the Nile river delta in mind but I wasn't looking to create an accurate representation this time.

This map is basically a river system deep enough to hold the largest class warships, with every bit of land connected by shallows and therefore not requiring ships at all. Thought it might provide a fun and interesting scenario with a lot of possibilities. Any thoughts/suggestions? :)

screenshot0118.thumb.png.da7986b08b379f2bc9317ef23a3d1fb5.png

screenshot0119.thumb.png.2e61c7ddde9c283a125cc84133f23f0e.png

screenshot0120.thumb.png.f1395e7d5c246dc81139da681bd6dc39.png

screenshot0122.thumb.png.831c78ba15c40118125aa6e0bb07117b.png

• Like 7

17 hours ago, DIYARAKUZA said:

Great! Thank you ;) Anything I could improve? I tested it myself but have some doubts about whether the stone and metal distribution is enough or not, given that the map size is giant.

I think there could be more large stone deposits. Stone can be hard to locate after I've exhausted the initial supply close to my starting base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Battle report: RIVER DELTA (4P)

My Carthaginians defeated 3 Petra of average level and random behavior: 1 Theban, 1 Macedonian, 1 Iberian. Conquest mode / map not revealed.
Playing time = 3h08mn15sec, at an average speed of 0.25 (0.5 when all is quiet and 0.1 in the event of invasion or reorganization): I like to play slowly to give myself time to react and build.
118 saves made for this game.

This delta is a very beautiful and immersive map, meandering through land crossings between peninsulas. I played it without using the mini-maps, which reveal resource locations.
The development of a fleet allows you to harass Petra on its shores, as well as the rapid and massive movement of units to the delta's various peninsulas.
Starting in the center of the map (with player 1) is unusual, and stimulates exploration. As the topography doesn't allow quick access to enemy territories, these sometimes far-flung confrontations require the ability to consolidate distant territories. If the 3 Petras neglect the maritime aspect, this will leave you little respite between their frequent invasions. In short, a great map!

[Translated with DeepL.com (free version)]

1462230832_Capturedecran2024-03-01a14_50_19.png

1167069686_Capturedecran2024-03-01a14_53_16.png

857781848_Capturedecran2024-03-04a14_51_48.png

661023692_Capturedecran2024-03-04a14_56_36.png

1368229394_Capturedecran2024-03-04a14_57_01.png

Edited by Julianosore
images added; Carthaginian city at the end of the game.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the beautiful review! :thumbup: It's awesome you had fun with it, and your city is very nicely built!

3 hours ago, Julianosore said:

The development of a fleet allows you to harass Petra on its shores

Absolutely, having a fleet makes things very interesting.

3 hours ago, Julianosore said:

Starting in the center of the map (with player 1) is unusual, and stimulates exploration. As the topography doesn't allow quick access to enemy territories, these sometimes far-flung confrontations require the ability to consolidate distant territories.

Indeed, this is quite true.

• 3 weeks later...

This map looks like really cool!

If you'd like to be a contributor to my Carthage campaign, I could use a map like this. Let me know and I'll add you in the list of contributors after I make the scenario with it, I have a number of ideas just looking at it.