Building shooting at own building

axi

I had a peculiar bug today, playing a 1v1 on new community mod 26.6.

I had a sentry tower close to cc, which the enemy captured for a while, and i then recaptured. But my CC kept shooting at my own sentry tower until i manually reset the target. If im not mistaken there is some new building arrow targeting system in newest community mod? So could be only relating to this mod.

I couldnt quickly figure out where to find my replay files, but the bug should be quite obvious even without a replay?

• Haha 1

hmm actually I cannot reproduce the error. Neither manually targeting the captured tower nor letting the default AI attack it enabled the cc to shoot the tower after it switched back to my side.

If you select a replay in your replay screen, you should be able to see the folder that has the replay in question. You could upload those here, or just send it to me directly.

yes, it should be impossible. in the case where the tower is recaptured by @axi, the cc will try shooting at it and fail because it is not an enemy building. After failing, it will be removed from the both the player controlled targeting queue as well as the list of available targets.

It could be that I have misunderstood @axi tho.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

When I defeat an enemy and my ally is around I often get an alarm that I'm attacked by them; don't know if that would be something like arrows already in the air or that queue being finished or what.

this happens all the time to me and my friends. it should be just that, it happes when a building switches sides.

• Like 1

ok I just tried the following to reproduce:

1v1 as seleucids, go phase 3, build two sentry towers, garrison sentry towers, garrison cc. Take player 2, train units, capture a tower, garrison, leave tower range. Take player 1, recapture tower, kill enemy occupants.

I could not reproduce the issue. @axi what mods were u using? Did you ever click the cc to attack the tower while it was in the hands of your enemy, or did the cc select that target on its own when no other units were nearby?

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce