Flickering mouse

I have for a long time had trouble with flickering mouse in game 0AD. No other app or software have this. I have tried all thinkable troubleshooting in Win 11. Im kind of lost. It makes it very hard to play when mouse pointer flicker between arrow and hourglass frantically all the time in the game. In lobby its fine. No joystick or other HID connected to PC. Just mouse and keyboard. Please help me out here.....

Edited by woodpecker

When you say you tried all kinds of troubleshooting that includes internet searches like https://windowsreport.com/mouse-flickering-windows-11/ ?

Did you try the Vulkan graphics backend? (I think that's only in the a27 RC.)

That's my first thoughts, the more knowledgeable peeps might need to look at your logs (just zip the folder & attach it to your message):  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Is it a system hourglass cursor or in-game one? Do you have any mod installed? Could you record a short video?

Another way to possibly solve it is to change the type of the cursor. For that you need to add the following line cursorbackend = "system" to your user.cfg (you can find a path to it here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths)

• Like 1

I made a video using my phone. Here is what it looks like after editing user.cfg adding cursorbackend = "system" to the end of the file. It made no difference to problem or the appearence of the mouse pointer. But when I start video snippet in Win 11 problem magically disappears:

Video show problem. Video expire in two days from now.

52 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I have feldmap, autociv and community mod installed.

Could you disable them to test?

On 16/12/2023 at 1:27 AM, woodpecker said:

but A26 has been good earlier.

Do you remember how it started? (Maybe after system update or another installation)

12 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Here is what it looks like after editing user.cfg adding cursorbackend = "system" to the end of the file.

Could you post logs for that run with edited user.cfg?

• Like 1

I have identified the cause now (maybe). When I disable Feldmap 0.2.1 it disappears. But I have not had this issue before with the same mod. So it is still kind of strange. I cant remember when or what changes was made when the flickering was seen first time. Its been a month or two maybe more. Have not played much lately. Partly because of this but also lack of time.

logs.zip

8 hours ago, woodpecker said:

So it is still kind of strange. I cant remember when or what changes was made when the flickering was seen first time. Its been a month or two maybe more. Have not played much lately. Partly because of this but also lack of time.

Could you enable VSync or set FPS throttling in menus/in games to a value not more than 60 in graphics options?