Any way to make Gaia neutral towards specific player(s)?

krt0143

I'd like to set the AI and Gaia not to attack each other: I have lots of "hostile environment" maps, which the overeager AI will invariably clean up for me, kindly killing all the hostile wildlife which else would had made my life difficult, and hindered my ongoing economic prosperity.
I just have to wait a little, and the map is clean and safe...

I would had tried to make them allies, but you can't set a diplomacy stance to Gaia. :(

So, what are my options?

22 minutes ago, krt0143 said:

So, what are my options?

Placement.

I don't know what exactly you have in mind, and I assume by AI you mean the AI players. Ngorongoro has plenty of hostile wildlife, and while the AI players will clean up their territory and what they encounter on excursions, I mainly have to deal with it myself.

10 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Placement.

That only goes so far. The AI seems to be fond of exploring, and while I've indeed put more wildlife behind the player's center, and none near the AI's center, the AI is fond of exploring (and yes, I do mean the AI players), which means that if I wait a little too long, it will have cleaned up for me.

Take a typical map of mine: What you see in the picture is the player's stronghold. It's as safe as it gets, but there are no resources at all up there. Down on the plain are lots of resources (you don't see them too well because of the distance), but also lots of Romans, and Dire Wolves (a nastier and more aggressive kind of wolf), and those shallow muddy bogs are full of crocodiles you don't always see in the muddy waters... You'll have to go down there, sooner rather than later, but you will have to be ready and expect to be constantly attacked. Now I don't want the AI to make this any easier by infighting: Gaia and the AI opponent should both focus on making the player's life miserable...  :twisted:

18 hours ago, alre said:

give wildlife to an extra player not assigned to any AI

Not sure what you mean by this, but without AI the wildlife would be totally listless. On the contrary, I want it to be aggressive, but only against the human player.

That been said, this could indeed be a solution, creating a fictitious player allied with the real opponent.
It will just sound quite silly when the computer announces you're been attacked by some famous historical leader each time some wolf attacks you...  :laugh:

6 minutes ago, krt0143 said:

Not sure what you mean by this, but without AI the wildlife would be totally listless. On the contrary, I want it to be aggressive, but only against the human player.

That been said, this could indeed be a solution, creating a fictitious player allied with the real opponent.
It will just sound quite silly when the computer announces you're been attacked by some famous historical leader each time some wolf attacks you...  :laugh:

you should try a solution before dismissing it.

17 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I imagine the enemy AI would also have to be allied to this 'player 3'

yes, sure.

5 hours ago, krt0143 said:

I believe this is your solution.