How high can the 0 A.D. camera go?

krt0143

Asking because I made a map where you start on a towering mesa-like rock, and well, let's say that when on top, the camera gets very close & intimate!
I even noticed for the first time that the upgraded Britons get naked!...  :rolleyes: (I should had known... :P:laugh:)

Anyway, apparently the camera in the game doesn't have the freedom of movement of the Editor's camera, there seems to be a hard-coded altitude limit, and if I had made my rock a little higher I would had only seen shoes... :laugh:

Is that true? Is there a hard-coded altitude limit (as opposed to a "height over ground" ratio)?

This map was simple, just a quick proof of concept, but I plan on making more of those, including a chaos of desolate flat peaks like this, separated by deep ravines and only accessible by those narrow paths carved on the cliff sides (easy to defend, but only until your limited resources run out. By then you'd better have moved on, and as soon as you move "easy to defend" becomes "hard to conquer").

To illustrate: (For scale, note how far goes the territory influence marker of the civil center (yes, that's a fortified civil center)...)

StoneFortA.png.6c98e725de08575daec43dedce92a2ef.png

• Like 2