War crimes - default settings in 0AD

Gurken Khan

It's a bit I don't play, are women and traders still required to be killed to win? Maybe removing them from victory conditions would help for this?

Ok, red cross aside. When I've won the game, the last 10 minutes are boring because I have to hunt down every last woman, trader, hopilite, and house in the game. There are settings to fix that however, depending on the win conditions. You could remove women and traders, however another option which does has historical precedence, stops people from murdering innocents, and makes my life is easier is letting the Ai resign when it's doomed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fabio said:

It's a bit I don't play, are women and traders still required to be killed to win? Maybe removing them from victory conditions would help for this?

Women yes, traders no. I remember the "good old times" when you had to search bodies of water for orphaned trading ships. :/  I got quite good at guessing where they were, tho. ^^

I would be ok with removing the necessity to kill women for a victory; that would remove a good portion of the war crimes, too.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

When I've won the game, the last 10 minutes are boring because I have to hunt down every last woman, trader, hopilite, and house in the game.

I've never spent 10 minutes to clear out remnants; I guess I'm quite thorough when moving through a territory. (Ofc it happens that I miss women standing somewhere in the periphery.) I believe having to hunt down traders and houses are a figment, but women and hoplites are enemy units, yes. I don't know if I want the AI to give up or cling to their lives.

• s0600204 changed the title to War crimes - default settings in 0AD