local.cfg NOT working with "hidpi = true" in Macbook Pro (2015)

alexroses47

Hello,

I did a personal configuration as the "default.cfg" file said, so I copy the default file, I change the name to "local.cfg", and I change the 62 line: "hidpi= false" to "hidpi= true", but when I start the game, it appers nothing change, I do the same activating the window mode in "local.cfg", but same thing, nothing change.

Any suggestion? (Sorry, English not my first language)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ly21h63ugsthyf/Captura de Pantalla 2023-06-06 a la(s) 22.38.05.png?dl=0

Edited by alexroses47
Just a tipo

• alexroses47 changed the title to local.cfg NOT working with "hidpi = true" in Macbook Pro (2015)

@alexroses47

are you using a27 or a26?

if you are using a27, the config file will be in a different location for some reason. I ask this because I was changing my config for a26 and confused why no changes were being applied to a27.

Mine is in:

/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.wildfiregames.0ad/Data/Library/Application\ Support/config/

I think this has something to do with the app now being signed. @Stan` probably knows more.

Sorry I was confusing. @Stan` is right.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Confused 1

user.cfg has higher precedence than local.cfg which has higher precedence than default.cfg. So default.cfg are sort of system defaults and local.cfg are user defaults, so if a property is set in user.cfg 0ad won't check there. If it's not in user.cfg it will first look in local.cfg and if that doesn't yield a result check in default.cfg.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, hyperion said:

user.cfg has higher precedence than local.cfg which has higher precedence than default.cfg. So default.cfg are sort of system defaults and local.cfg are user defaults, so if a property is set in user.cfg 0ad won't check there. If it's not in user.cfg it will first look in local.cfg and if that doesn't yield a result check in default.cfg.

Yeah but in Mac there is not such thing as user.cfg in the config folder. But in any case, I try with the local.cfg and default.cfg in the same folder, later changing the line in default.cfg (I know is no recommended to do that), and then I erase default.cfg and left local.cfg and vice versa, and nope, no changing in the game. ANd now, I did what the default.cfg file said, and I have the two files, but anything change.

So, I try every combination, changing the line in one file, in both, with just one file, with both, and nope

Captura de Pantalla 2023-06-07 a la(s) 2.42.02.png

Edited by alexroses47

That's because you're not in the correct folder. You're in /Applications/0ad/ while you should be in /Users/{YOUR USERNAME}/Library/Application\ Support/0ad(  See: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

@real_tabasco_sauce yeah that will be fixed in rc2, sandboxed apps have different location, but they are only needed to go to the app store.

• Thanks 2

@alexroses47I'm curious, what is your goal with setting hidpi to true? After you set it to true, you might find that the user interface is too small. You can increase the size of the user interface elements by adding this configuration directive to local.cfg or user.cfg in the [gui] category.

scale = 2.0;

Edited by Norse_Harold

18 hours ago, Stan` said:

That's because you're not in the correct folder. You're in /Applications/0ad/ while you should be in /Users/{YOUR USERNAME}/Library/Application\ Support/0ad(  See: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

@real_tabasco_sauce yeah that will be fixed in rc2, sandboxed apps have different location, but they are only needed to go to the app store.

Hello, 

Thank you, I find the correct folder, however I copy the local.cfg file, and nothing change, I also try to change some other config like windowed = true and that worked when I change the user.cfg file, but not the hidpi, the game still blurry. Sorry if I am doing some obvious mistake. 

UPDATE: I guess it is important to say that I don´t have any problem with the gui scale, but since hidpi don't appears to do anything, everything in the game is blurry and pixelated, but full screen.

Captura de Pantalla 2023-06-07 a la(s) 14.32.15.png

Edited by alexroses47

A possible cause of the blurring is the peculiar screen resolution of Apple computers, you can force the window resolution to 1920x1080 by editing local.cfg. Add these two lines at the top of the file:

xres = 1920
yres = 1080

It will improve your scaling performance, because this is the common resolution 16:9.