==[Task]== Ethnic Egyptian Mercenary Camp

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

According to the archives I saw one store is Greek.

And also I had already posted references, some of the texture  as I understand black goat hair was used.

"Traditionally Bedouin tents were made from goat hair. Not only is it a strong fibre, it also swells when it becomes wet and therefore provides a water-resistant cover in rain. Here’s a close-up of the fabric of the Bedouin tent we have at the Cobb Institute of Archaeology, Mississippi. Goat hair was also used to weave mantels."

https://timfrankarchaeology.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/the-goat/

images (29).jpeg

images (28).jpeg

arabian-tent-manufacturer.jpg

5ab06a7d70f8befe66890faf27141b83.jpg

tents.jpg.1452ee4104bca82855bbd1c5e9793706.jpg

I like this one a lot.

https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/manners/tent-dwellings.htm

Tent material

The Bedouin's home is his tent, which is made of black goat's hair. He calls it beit sha'ar , i.e., "house of hair." It is made of coarse, heavy fabric, and serves to protect the family in winter from the cold winds; in the summer the sides are usually lifted, and the tent serves as a sunshade. This goat's hair cloth that is used in making these tents is porous when it is dry, but becomes waterproof after the first rains have shrunk it together. The Song of Solomon refers to these black goat's hair tents thus: "I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar" (Cant 1:5).

(presumably) black like the goats from which the tents of Kedar were made. Kedar, whose name probably meant “dark” or “swarthy”** was the second son of Ishmael, and his descendants expanded into a powerful tribe that lived east of Israel and Ammon. It was the black tents of Kedar—woven from the silky black hairs of the goat herds—to which the bride compared herself in the first chapter

Tent encampments and manner of setting up of tents

If the Bedouin Arabs live together as a tribe or a clan, as they often do, or if more than one family dwell with each other, then their tents are not pitched in a promiscuous cluster, but more likely in a large circle to make it possible for at least some of their flocks to be protected inside the circle. By the side of the sheik's tent stands a long spear as an emblem of his authority (cf. practice of King Saul in 1Sam. 26:7). His tent is generally larger than the others

Inside furnishings of tents

The shepherd's tent is always subject to perpetual removals, as Hezekiah indicated in his song of thanksgiving, after his recovery from sickness (Isa. 38:12). Therefore, the furnishings of that tent must include only the necessities. Rugs cover the ground, but at night the bedding is brought out, which is composed of mats, or carpets on which to sleep; and their outer garments worn by day become their coverings by night. Sacks of grain are apt to be piled around the middle tent posts. Sure to be about the tent some place are the handmill, and the mortar, in which the grain is pounded. And hanging from the poles will be the skin bags or bottles, for water and other liquids. Also there will be a leathern bucket with which to draw water from any well that may be available, and an earthen pitcher, used by the women to carry the water. Cooking utensils will not be many, but will include pots, kettles, and pans. Serving dishes will include mats, platters, or larger dishes, and there will be cups for drinking. A primitive lamp burning olive oil will illuminate the tent by night. See Lighting Of The House; Why Exclusion From A Feast Was Considered To Be So Terrible. If the family is fortunate enough to have a camel, then the camel furniture will be used for sitting upon inside the tent, as Rachel was doing when her father searched the tents for the lost teraphim (Gen. 31:34). Also see The Teraphim. Little else than these furnishings would be needed for the simple life of the tent-dwellers.

The hearth is of course upon the ground. A hole is dug in the earth where there is a fire kindled, and several stones are put around it, and the cooking utensils are placed on these and over the fire. One of these hearths is inside the tent, and another one is outdoors, quite likely near to the women's quarters. In the hot weather the cooking is done outside rather than inside the tent.

Bonus 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qedarites

CamelTent.jpg

5c0520b9fc73fb5e6ff82b99_144872.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 05/06/2023 at 4:25 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

I have not finished it 100%, but I have finished most of it.

image.png.ae39f9d69ab070d264adb17920a5a12c.png

mercenarycamppalisadeblend1.blend 2.21 MB · 37 downloads

I attach the blender file.

Let's wait until March to continue.

I'm not living in my own house.

I'm moving in March or late February.

I'm building my own house.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1