The game crashed when I tried to place the field with Britons.

Akira Kurosawa

Thanks for reporting. I try to get some more information, so that it is easier for other people to help.

Is it reproducible or random / does it happen every time when you place a field with britons, or did it just happen once? Do other civ behave differently? 

Also, the crashlog.txt contains only system information and no actual logging, if i see correctly from the last lines:

====================================

Main log:

(unavailable)

====================================

Since you are on Win10, please have a look at the "Debbuging on Windows" page of trac. While you debug, maybe someone can already come up with a solution, but if not, this step can be very helpful.

Kind of looks like an allocation error to me, from what the image provides. 0x00000001 is an interesting address anyway.

Edited by sternstaub

43 minutes ago, sternstaub said:

Is it reproducible or random / does it happen every time when you place a field with britons, or did it just happen once? Do other civ behave differently? 

No. A new battle with the same Britons went perfectly smoothly. However, much earlier, a similar error appeared when playing Mauryas on the Ambush map (a lot of narrow paths surrounded by very high hills). And again, a new map with the Mauryas on the same terrain ran smoothly.

I think this is a generator glitch that generates a bad template. Because in the case of the Mauryan breakdown, the created map then seemed to me extremely "gut-like". This time, the breakdown occurred on individual islands.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

I think this would be caused by out of ram error or missing a turn, something along that line. Note that 0AD can only take advantage of at most 4GB of ram on Windows, so it's very likely crash if you play prolonged games or on large maps. 

The solution is to reboot or install a Linux. 

As I already wrote, the game, as a rule, works fine for an hour or more. If the map was generated "unlucky", then game crashed during the first 5-10 minutes. But yes. Reboot helped. But only until next time. I usually use over-average maps for 4 players and they are generally stable.

18 minutes ago, Lumberjack said:

As I already wrote, the game, as a rule, works fine for an hour or more. If the map was generated "unlucky", then game crashed during the first 5-10 minutes. But yes. Reboot helped. But only until next time. I usually use over-average maps for 4 players and they are generally stable.

Memory consumption is not linear. It highly depends on the map, the number of AI, and the computation complexity. Crashing the game with a lot of AIs on big maps is easy on Windows.