Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 2026-08-15 in Posts

  1. Yes, I also was thinking this, considering that the snowballing increase and formation depreciation are good arguments against the whole idea. Still, I'm somewhat in favour of it, more as to set in place the mechanism (for mods to tinker with), and because it's good that new players realise there are things going on besides what's obvious in most RTS. I was thinking then that: -All penalties should be minor, and apply only for very low HP (thus present gameplay is not that drastically changed). -Lowering attack speed (or/and damage) first, and later movement speed (something like at 30% and 15% of HP, or whatever makes sense). -That wouldn't "make hunting overly easy", but it has also been proposed to make animals faster (and weaker), which would work hand in hand. -It would indeed work hand in hand with my proposal of "use an area as target", which was intended to be applied also to many other things. -Would make healers more useful and retreats possible (except for those who are too wounded... understandably). -Penalised units should be sent to the back of formations, whose speed should not be affected by them (they should struggle to keep up instead). -In conclusion, things would mostly "behave as expected", except on extreme circumstances, which is useful for some variation in tactics. That issue has the worse consequence of making some things really funky, but I don't think penalising a bit very hurt units is such an over-realistic game-averse concept as many other concept would be.
    2 points
  2. What do y'all think of adding Empress Lu Zhi for a hero? She was a very strong ruler, brutal even. And then, how she'd look in her Empress Dowager form:
    2 points
  3. Looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out lol. My only critique is that the hay roofs look a bit too shiny; from a distance (like in your last picture) they look more like metal than hay.
    2 points
  4. We need ideas for Han Xin and Wu Han. Global Aura, a Ranged Aura, a Special Technology, and an Upgrade (usually to a mount, but sometimes some other kind of upgrade, such as Empress Dowager for Empress Lu).
    1 point
  5. Indeed this should not happen, but I also think siege towers should be used for what they were actually used. Then, some other things would need to be changed, like making siege towers extremely slow and expensive.
    1 point
  6. We now try to release roughly at the same date each year. We don't wait till all issues with that milestone get implemented. We would push them back. Almost certainly there will be no new civ in the next release.
    1 point
  7. Your understanding is mostly on the right track. The XML handles a lot of the scenario and entity configuration, while JavaScript is used for triggers and scripted events such as waves and other gameplay actions. I’d recommend checking the scenario and map-making tutorials on the Wildfire Games forum, as they cover setting up mods and working with Atlas and scenario files. That should give you a good starting point before experimenting further with your own scenario.
    1 point
  8. Thanks for the feedback; I would be grateful if you knew how I could improve that detail.
    1 point
  9. Hey everyone! I’m back with more news about my mod, World Rising! I’m currently working on implementing the Yayoi culture, and one of my main goals is to make players truly feel their civilization evolving gradually throughout the match. When you advance from the Jomon to the Yayoi, I currently plan to keep the buildings from the previous culture in your city. This way, progression won’t simply replace everything instantly. The old buildings will remain functional and will even be able to produce units from the previous culture. It will be entirely up to the player to decide when it’s time to destroy them, replace them with new Yayoi buildings, or even keep some of them. I want this transition to make each city tell its own story, mixing old and new elements as the civilization evolves. It’s completely up to the player to decide what to do with their city! The Yayoi buildings are still not all finished. Since this culture represents a more advanced period, I’m adding a lot more detail to the buildings, both in their architecture and in the smaller decorative elements. And personally, I think the results are looking incredible! =D There’s still a lot more to show, and I’ll be bringing you more development updates very soon. For now, enjoy these images! And please leave a comment! I’d really love to know what you think. Opinions, suggestions, criticism, and compliments are always welcome, as all of your feedback helps a lot with the development of World Rising. Thank you so much to everyone who has been following and supporting the project! More World Rising updates coming soon!
    1 point
  10. looking at all the updates in past years.... seems LIKE 1.5 OR 2 UPDATES every year. are we close to another update? biorix is old news and i need some new civs. none of the mod civs will work for me. thanks
    0 points
×
×
  • Create New...