Jump to content
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Hello everyone! I’m back with some new updates on the development of World Rising! The Rivers of Japan map is finally complete, with 100% of its flora now implemented! I’ve also added new terrain relief and integrated the dynamic weather system, including rain and thunderstorms, making the environment feel much more alive and dynamic. In the future, the only major addition planned for this map will be the new animals that are still being developed. I’ve also created several new particles and visual effects. Now, when women pray, a beam of light appears at the temple during the ritual. I’m planning to create something similar for priests, with special visual effects appearing while they heal units. I’ve also updated the resource-gathering accessories used by units and made some changes to the Yayoi merchant. Work has already begun on our second map: the Coast of Japan! I’ve created the first textures and I’m currently working on the vegetation for this new biome. I’ll be sharing the first screenshots very soon! The Yayoi culture also continues to grow, with more technologies and new buildings being added and tested. Development continues step by step, with new content, visual improvements, and gameplay systems gradually coming together to make World Rising more complete and unique. Thank you to everyone who continues to follow the project! Leave your comments, share your thoughts, and keep participating in the development! More updates are coming soon!
    • My problem with 0 AD is troop control and the behavior of unitAI.js   It is literally a colossus of code and a Gordian knot.   Many fear that the controls will make it less of an authentic RTS like the classics, but it is necessary to improve the control and behavior of the troops.   Age of mythology feels better without having something so complex. Another idea I have is that priests can regenerate loyalty points upon capture. Priests are part of the identity and folklore of cultures; they tell myths and explain the will of the gods to their devotees. I think the game could have variations of the traditional game without becoming a mod.
    • It would be really cool to apply this technique to trees as well—having elephants walk past them, shaking or even knocking them down, or catapults toppling trees when they fire. That would add a great sense of realism.
    • Maybe it would be nice to have some custom scenario with all put in place to test everything (elephants going around tight spaces, them and cavalry charging infantry, ship collisions, etc), while knowing what the idea for each should be. Then we can compare different implementations in many particular situations.
    • @real_tabasco_sauce there is nothing that force elephants or boats to be "solids". Above you have videos of cavalry charging some civilians, you can see it's still doing some physics, but if you don't add "solids" to boats and elephants :  1. Their collision area is a circle at its center, so things that hit him and that he hit  don't spin him as much as you'll expect have to hit him at center, front and back are ghost parts you can just go through are weaker (elastic) 2. Path-finding don't ignore idle units so they are considered as obstacles
×
×
  • Create New...