Juli51

==[TASK]== Wood bridge multi-civilizaton

I would like to think I have the technical skills to pull that off, since I am a programmer by trade, but I haven't finished learning C++ quite yet and kind of need to get a job before I go worrying about something like 0 A.D. in my free time.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 0:38 AM, Zeta1127 said:

I would like to think I have the technical skills to pull that off, since I am a programmer by trade, but I haven't finished learning C++ quite yet and kind of need to get a job before I go worrying about something like 0 A.D. in my free time.

Can someone ever finish learning c++ ?

cute_wood_bridge_render4.png

cute_wood_bridge_render3.png

cute_wood_bridge_render2.png

WoodenBridge.7z

• Like 4

Well, I learned C# and Java in school, but I haven't finished reading a C++ book I have, so I meant learning the basics. Since I am kind of rusty at programming in general, my programming classes were at the beginning of my Bachelor's, so I want to do some practice with all three languages.

1 minute ago, Zeta1127 said:

Well, I learned C# and Java in school, but I haven't finished reading a C++ book I have, so I meant learning the basics. Since I am kind of rusty at programming in general, my programming classes were at the beginning of my Bachelor's, so I want to do some practice with all three languages.

Well me too, I wanted to learn c++ but that wasn't an option. But I believe the only way you can make progress in c++ (assuming you know the basics) is by practising.

Apparently, C++ was an option, I just wasn't aware that it was a thing until I had already finished all of my programming classes and ended up pursuing a more generic Computer Information Systems degree instead of Game Simulation and Programming. Already knowing C# and Java is definitely helping a lot.

• Like 2

With your background, if you understand pointers and classes, you know enough to start playing with the code. A big part will be learning the code base and the libraries, and you can do that bit by bit as you go along.