Nice work & some Ideas

sofianosss

Great job guys, the game is really fun. I have recently started to duel my friend on multiplayer (we grow up playing EE AOE & Cossacks). I have some comments and ideas about the current state of the game:

1- Land battles and path finding isn't optimal but it is good enough to be fun right now (i know that many stuffs are work in progress)

2- Sadly, naval fights are annoying and ships are too big (hard to handle in narrow spaces)

3- Economy is so great, this is the best RTS game to handle gathering resources and market management. One minor negative impact: producing food from sheep, it require so much time to handle and people would certainly rather to use farms.

4- Making a button to find idle citizens is a must in any RTS, but you should differentiate between idle workers and warriors (cavalry/monks).

Anyways, this game has so much potential and I hope to see it being released soon.

Thank you

One cavalry produces food more than 5 times faster than 5 women on a field (gather rate 5 + multiple women on fields gather faster than one pe field). The reward of using corrals is to have more food income with less pop, so you can train more attackers. First produce 1 cavalry per corrals and 1 sheep in every corral, then continue to produce more cavalry and start queueing one or two batches of 5 sheep on top of the 1 sheep per corral. Soon you will have enough food to produce batches of 5 everywhere. You can go up to 2 cavalry per corral then. You will have so much food and sheep that you can forget it for like 10 minutes.

Making it easier to produce sheep will only result in people not using fields anymore I feel.

Idle units: Hotkey is ".", you can change that in the config file (local.cfg or was it user.cfg?). Also there is "i" which selects only idle units in the selection rectangle.

5 hours ago, sofianosss said:

2- Sadly, naval fights are annoying and ships are too big (hard to handle in narrow spaces)

Completely agreed. I think we should lower their size (pathfinder and real), and make them use melee attacks against other ships.

• Like 1

#3 is too much as Farms have been made easier since you almost don't have to oversee them. And besides, Corrals can be a good measure on how you've improved on your micro skills.

But If I were to consider an "automatic sheep dispenser", maybe have it as an upgrade that can be accessed in City Phase or something.