Custom unit editor

60and80

In my opinion, this would be amazing.

The ability to create custom units and buildings, with the models sounds and animations which are already in the game.

Editable stats, auras and active abilities.

Custom buildings which can be built and can produce custom units, with editable costs, loaded in for individual maps.

This would open so many doors for custom maps.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the game will be moddable. But if you add this directly into the Atlas editor, there will be much more community input. Because otherwise, we gotta download a mod.

What's the difference? Maps you make in Atlas also don't arrive in the main game. Units you mod yourself don't arrive in the main game ... You all have to spread it yourself, or ask the designers if they want to get it in the main game.

Btw, the game "WILL" not be moddable, the game "IS" moddable. The thing you play now is the public mod, the default mod of 0AD part 1.

Also, please stick with the subject. We know you have problems with your delete key, you already made another post for it.

Maybe when the game goes on Steam (which it will- dev told me) all modding could be done through Steam Workshop

Oh, yeah sorry about the mention of the delete key. It's just really bugging me.

I just said that we will try, there's no guarantee that Steam would accept us ;) And I would assume that the same goes for Steam Workshop, even if the game would be accepted it doesn't mean that they would want to set up a workshop for it.

Believe me, but I do think customizable units and buildings would be awesome. Like you could choose whether your guy starts with a Thracian or a Corinthian style helmet. But I can only see customizable units/buildings in a mod of the game.

Maybe one day I may create a 0 A.D. mod where you can choose through 50-100 looks for a single unit, and always see something different for every opponent and ally you play with. That would be freaking cool.

Steam can go get stuffed. They suck.

And funny enough, I was just complaining about the Greek hoplites in my thread above.

This would be a fantastic "Mod utility" as I come to understand, that's what you asking for?

In a way it poses as something easy for the average user to mess around with, editing untis and textures here and there, but the game seems very easy to mod.

But still it's a cool idea. ;)

Edited by Burzum