Could units build buildings of the civ they are, rather than buildings of the player's civ?

aleramzvars

Hi! I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing 0 A.D. for a couple of years and I love it because of the variety of civilizations it has. This idea comes up to my mind almost every time I play, because I usually focus on building rather than conquering. What I do is activate the "change perspective" option from the developer panel and then I play with many civilizations at the same time to enjoy building. But most maps are only available for 2 to 4 players, so I wonder if it's possible to make the units build buildings of the civilization the belong to some way. For example, if Player 1 is playing Spartans but it conquers an Athenian civic centre, he/she could recruit Athenian women from that civic centre, and those women would be able to build Athenian buildings rather than Spartan buildings. Is there any way to do this?

I didn't see any mod out there or anyone talking about this topic, but I think it would be a great feature. If you ever played Sparta, they did it that way. (Of course, they only had 3/4 civilizations :D)

P.S.: Soy de España, he visto que algunos hablan en español en el foro, saludos :)

31 minutes ago, aleramzvars said:

Hi! I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing 0 A.D. for a couple of years and I love it because of the variety of civilizations it has. This idea comes up to my mind almost every time I play, because I usually focus on building rather than conquering. What I do is activate the "change perspective" option from the developer panel and then I play with many civilizations at the same time to enjoy building. But most maps are only available for 2 to 4 players, so I wonder if it's possible to make the units build buildings of the civilization the belong to some way. For example, if Player 1 is playing Spartans but it conquers an Athenian civic centre, he/she could recruit Athenian women from that civic centre, and those women would be able to build Athenian buildings rather than Spartan buildings. Is there any way to do this?

I didn't see any mod out there or anyone talking about this topic, but I think it would be a great feature. If you ever played Sparta, they did it that way. (Of course, they only had 3/4 civilizations :D)

P.S.: Soy de España, he visto que algunos hablan en español en el foro, saludos :)

No, eso se lo quitaron desde que se implementó la mecánica.

46 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I think all maps of Type: Random can be played with up to 8 players, if you'd like to have more of them on the map.

And welcome to the forums. :)

Yes, I know it's possible to play 8 factions. But, even if I have to do it myself, is it possible to change this "player-binded" behavior using JavaScript?

Edited by aleramzvars

Thank you, I'll take a look at Delenda Est. I played it before but didn't realize about that feature. I'll take a look at the mod files also to find out which of them I could to modify to enable that behavior for all buildings and units, not only temples, wonders and cult statues.

PS: if you could give me some hint I would really appreciate it :)

Edited by aleramzvars
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, aleramzvars said:

Thank you, I'll take a look at Delenda Est. I played it before but didn't realize about that feature. I'll take a look at the mod files also to find out which of them I could to modify to enable that behavior for all buildings and units, not only temples, wonders and cult statues.

PS: if you could give me some hint I would really appreciate it :)

mixins/builders is what you want to edit. template_unit_support_citizen is where the changes will be apparent.

• Like 1