Is there a Tutorial for Importing and Exporting models into 0AD?

ProtoMan

I scoured the forum this past few weeks and can't seem to find a tutorial on how to export models for this game. It uses DAE but do I need to use biped or skin? Does it have it's own exporter and animation tools like Mega Glest? Would you kindly point me at the right direction? I have 3Ds Max 5 and 2012 at my disposal.

Sadly the tutorial is only for Blender. But if I rig the model from scratch with 3DS Max with Biped and put animation on it. 3DS Max don't have action editor(Blender). I can export models with animation inside them but they will be inside the mesh not separate. Example Freedom Force with nif and keyframes.

13 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

Sadly the tutorial is only for Blender. But if I rig the model from scratch with 3DS Max with Biped and put animation on it. 3DS Max don't have action editor(Blender). I can export models with animation inside them but they will be inside the mesh not separate. Example Freedom Force with nif and keyframes.

Sorry if I was not clear. You can export the mesh + rig + anim as the animation file and mesh + rig as the static file.

15 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

I tried exporting a biped mesh with physique using the 3ds max 2012 built-in DAE exporter. It's only 1 file(with animation inside) when it was exported.

Well you need to copy that file in yourmod/art/meshes/skeletal/ and in yourmod/art/animations/biped/

You also need to generate a skeleton.xml file for it listing all the bones. You can use my generator or do it by hand.