Adding friends & One-on-one chat in lobby

Darkcity

At present lobby doesn't support one on one chat, it only allows lobby messages which are visible to all players. So, if two player needs to have certain discussion or conversation they either have to host a game where no spec is allowed or create a room where they discuss while asking random joiner to leave. I think this need improvements. 

This can be done as follows.

• Solution: If a player wants to send personal message to anyone they can use @playername to send the message. In this case the message will only go player and not to entire lobby. You can always tag player with using names without @ so using @ is fine for personal message. Example, @Darkcity 1v1? (FAQ by vinme).
  • limitation: Certain people might get toxic and can use it in bad way.

Hence we can do following improvements.

• Put profinity check as usual chat.
  • Allow personal messages to friends only.
    • How to decides who is friends? This can be done using current buddy tagging. Right now you can tag anyone as buddy so it can't be considered as friend since you can mark anyone buddy. So, only ff both players tags each other buddy then they should be market as friends. 
    • You can only tag friends with @ to chat. Profanity checks will always be there.

@rossenburg, @Grapjas will you be able to include this in your modes? :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Darkcity said:

At present lobby doesn't support one on one chat, it only allows lobby messages which are visible to all players. So, if two player needs to have certain discussion or conversation they either have to host a game where no spec is allowed or create a room where they discuss while asking random joiner to leave. I think this need improvements. 

This can be done as follows.

• Solution: If a player wants to send personal message to anyone they can use @playername to send the message. In this case the message will only go player and not to entire lobby. You can always tag player with using names without @ so using @ is fine for personal message. Example, @Darkcity 1v1? (FAQ by vinme).
  • limitation: Certain people might get toxic and can use it in bad way.

Hence we can do following improvements.

• Put profinity check as usual chat.
  • Allow personal messages to friends only.
    • How to decides who is friends? This can be done using current buddy tagging. Right now you can tag anyone as buddy so it can't be considered as friend since you can mark anyone buddy. So, only ff both players tags each other buddy then they should be market as friends. 
    • You can only tag friends with @ to chat. Profanity checks will always be there.

@rossenburg, @Grapjas will you be able to include this in your modes? :)

@Darkcity, i think this feature was intentionally disabled, 

onPrivateMessage(message) {
if ((!message.from && message.text.length > 0) || doSomething

// We intend to not support private messages between users

I don't know why but i believe @Stan` @user1 @Dunedan can give a detailed explanation. It's not possible if its not allowed in the xmpp client i guess

Edited by rossenburg