The black player colour is difficult to see on the map and should be replaced with a lighter one.

vxern

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

lol

Hmm, What would you suggest? Brown is a good color visually for the units, but not on the minimap. :(

I think it would be generally a good idea to allow players to choose a colour themselves from a colour gradient, or from a larger colour palette.

However, I am aware that this thread doesn't address the possibility of adding a colour palette, but the replacement of black. I think white would be an obvious choice, but there could be a visibility issue in snowy biomes, so perhaps a light red / pink colour could fit nicely.

White wouldn't work, since white is reserved for Gaia objects on the minimap. 

18 minutes ago, vxern said:

I think it would be generally a good idea to allow players to choose a colour themselves from a colour gradient, or from a larger colour palette.

I have often thought that the number of possible colors should at least be doubled.^ 

19 minutes ago, vxern said:

However, I am aware that this thread doesn't address the possibility of adding a colour palette, but the replacement of black.

Indeed. Perhaps a color from @Langbart's BoonUI. 

• Like 2