Level Of French

Well since it got bumped

Back on Topic, I am really surprised that they still learn French in Australia. I once read an article saying that French is now overtaken by Chinese or Japanese in Aussie schools ... A pity for me, but I can clearly understand why ...

Depends on the school. My school offers Japanese, German and French. I chose French (I hate the german language for some reason... it just really annoys me and I prefer french over japanese)

Another school I went to for a while in year 5 taught indonesian and a school I went to in year 6 taught Latin, Greek, French and German and you had to learn them all. Needless to say my love of learning languages made this my favourite evem if I did have to do some german (which I was quite good at like all languages I study)

• 3 weeks later...

I have had 3 years of France education at school, but i can only remember a few sentences. At the end of my third year on my school i had tochoose between French or German (English was standart) I choose for German, because i suck in french. Now im in my last year on this school, so i wonder what foreign languages classes i`ll have to attend at my next school (whateverer that school maybe)

On my school you need to have had 4 years French, 3 years German and 6 years English + exam, when you want to have a diploma. (that is on my level, VWO, which is the higest in Holland, for secondary school that is). And when you want Gymnasium (with classic languages) you need to take an exam in Latin or Greek, and have had atleast 2 years Latin and 1 year Greek. After that another 3 years (Latin, Greek or both if you want) until your exams.