Zapotecs for A25 from Terrra Magna Mod

Yekaterina

This is the standard Zapotec from Terra Magna as it had been in A23 pulled out of its modpack and made into a single civ. It is clearly not on par with other A25 civilisations right now, but perhaps we can add things onto it, as discussed in the other Zapotec threads. 

If I can get the approval of interested parties, I will add two of my spins to this unique, American civ:

1. Boost the hack attack and cost of Macahuitl Warrior, turn it into champion-level unit (a bit like Skiritai)

2. Add a blowdart unit. 

I will also be uploading the mod.zip onto mod.io and git, considering the file size is pretty large (around 60MB)

• Like 1

I like your interest and willingness to help this is very good. However, if we take into account the desire for equal historical precision that was used in other civilizations, it does not make any sense for a blowing unit for the preclassical Zapotecs. There are no references to them (different from the Maya). We have the updated zapotecs on the github, currently they have two fighting champions, one being a noble spearman, and the other a Macahuitl warrior who has the ability to shoot with a bow and arrow.

As discussed yesterday, @Lion.Kanzen came up with the idea of using a torch unit for the Zapotecs, something I also used with the Maya (the use of fire was a technique in Mesoamerica, the Zapotecs used it against enemy cities in the time of the 0a.d. ). We could use archers or javalineer too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lopess said:

As discussed yesterday, @Lion.Kanzen came up with the idea of using a torch unit for the Zapotecs, something I also used with the Maya (the use of fire was a technique in Mesoamerica, the Zapotecs used it against enemy cities in the time of the 0a.d. ). We could use archers or javalineer too.

Good idea. If you haven't already made the fire unit I will make it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Please do. I will upload my version of Zapotec and Bronze age Egyptians onto mod.io as well. 

Just registered an account there.  

I'll upload(github) it right after I get home. (I'm still at work).