crushed singleplayer (not able to properly open singleplayer matches)

Yavin

Hello guys,

as i recently tried to start the singleplayer, this type of window occurs when i click on the button "singleplayer" and "matches".

Actually singleplayer always worked, but my assumption is that because i am currently building (over long time) a custom map this bug happens as recently some red warnings appeared as i built the map it / as i tried to let the some AI play on this map as a simulation.

(Another explaination or at least indicator could be that I, ever since i opened the scenario folder in singleplayer,  red warnings like in the screenshot below appeared because somehow a custom map of mine of alpha 23 is still in the files but somehow i cannot play or even delete it. So this could cause problems as well.)

Does anyone know a fix for that? I can't play singleplayer matches as i used to. It is very depressing because i just don't know how to solve this.

Furthermore I am currently really stressed because the map i was building could be full of bugs now which i spent hours on to create.

Greetings and have a good day, hoply you can help me!
426022824_Screenshot(503).thumb.png.49399b954cc3b8faf529abfe094856a3.png.

34 minutes ago, nwtour said:

Try: Find the file gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/PerPlayer/Dropdowns/PlayerColor.js , make a backup and change it to the attached version

PlayerColor.js 5 kB · 1 download

hello nwtour,

thank you for your answer but i am not quite sure how you meant this properly: I am a digital inability, so i actually don't understand what you mean. I should make a backup from a file named "gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage/GameSettings/PerPlayer/Dropdowns/PlayerColor.js", but where could this file be and how to make a backup of it?

The file you addad: I am also not quite sure what to do with it. "PlayerColor.js" ...

I am sorry for my lack of understanding! I just don't really get along with computer techniques, I just want to play 0ad and build some maps.

16 minutes ago, Yavin said:

I am also not quite sure what to do with it

Open file search on your computer.
Type in "PlayerColor.js"
Go to the folder with these files

Copy "PlayerColor.js" it as "PlayerColor2.js"

Insert the file from the attachment as "PlayerColor.js"

Launch the game

If the error persists or other errors appear:

remove "PlayerColor.js"

rename "PlayerColor2.js" to "PlayerColor.js"

16 hours ago, nwtour said:

Open file search on your computer.
Type in "PlayerColor.js"
Go to the folder with these files

Copy "PlayerColor.js" it as "PlayerColor2.js"

Insert the file from the attachment as "PlayerColor.js"

Launch the game

If the error persists or other errors appear:

remove "PlayerColor.js"

rename "PlayerColor2.js" to "PlayerColor.js"

Hi nwtour,

Thank you for your explaination.

I thought you have alredy sent me the file "PlayerColor.js and i can see it in the download folder so i "found" this.  I can clearly see it in my there so i don't know why i should search it.

I assume that the problem is that you furthermore told me i should find a folder with "these" files, so you mean that i have already existing ones regarding something like "PlayerColer"s. Into these (i don't know how to find them) already existing files i should copy the file "PlayerColor.js" that you have sent me and with a somewhere existing "PlayerColor2.js". Okay, but i am currently struggling on how to find the folder whre i can do this.

Hoply you can further help me on, in any case, thank you.

19 minutes ago, Yavin said:

Hi nwtour

Hi Yavin.

Apparently the game file is inside the archive and therefore you cannot find it
I made a mod that will reassign the file with an error.
Find the path where the mods are on your system  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Create directory "playercolor". For Windows 10 like C:\Users\Yavin\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\playercolor
Copy the attached archive there
Start the game. In the Settings -> Mods section, the "playercolor" module should appear

Enable it, restart the game and try to create a match
51371527_2021-04-1919-30-13.thumb.png.8f0809dfae0cb194bbc9409e47784252.png

playercolor.zip

2 hours ago, nwtour said:

Hi Yavin.

Apparently the game file is inside the archive and therefore you cannot find it
I made a mod that will reassign the file with an error.
Find the path where the mods are on your system  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Create directory "playercolor". For Windows 10 like C:\Users\Yavin\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\playercolor
Copy the attached archive there
Start the game. In the Settings -> Mods section, the "playercolor" module should appear

Enable it, restart the game and try to create a match
51371527_2021-04-1919-30-13.thumb.png.8f0809dfae0cb194bbc9409e47784252.png

playercolor.zip 1 kB · 1 download

Hi nwtour,

thank you for making the mod and furthermore giving me another explaination.

I think i understood it now: I managed to do what you did, i actividad the mod and singleplayer works (even tough 5 or so errors spam up when i open scenario because of my map created in alpha 23 which still spooks around in my files but cannot be opened or played on).

While I was desparate waiting on help of the 0ad forum, i opened the my map on the atlas editor and tried to find a fix:
I had 8 civs on the map, 1 roman base ever since and 7 brits / gauls which i just placed as the bug appeared. I think the bug either originated when i created objects and turned them into a player number (1 to 8) that didn't exist yet or when I already had placed objects of a certain player (e.g. player 8) and then lowered the amount of total players (to e.g. 7 players) that the objects of this player didn't somehow exist anymore.

So I just turned every object from the recently introduced players (player 2 - 8 ) to Gaia, leaving only the ever since existing player 1 (for insurance I lowered to the total amount of players to 1 as well). I saved the map once more and restarted the game again: Singleplayer worked (some red warnings popping up becuase of my alpha 23 map but that doesn't influence the game).

Now I look into the forum again and I see your way of fixing the bug creating an entire mod just for me and trying once again to help me altough the problem even seemed to be fixed already. Either way I inserted the "playercolor.zip" mod and restarted the game: Nothing has actaully changed, i am again able to open singleplayer. I really thank you for helping me, nwtour, if I get this bug appears again and i can't fix it by my alternative i know that i have to insert your mod.