Carthaginian apartments

LetswaveaBook

Carthaginian apartments  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carthaginian apartments be moved to p1 with additionally requirement that 5p1 buildings are needed to unlock them?

• I support making apartments available after 5 p1 buildings.
    • apartments should remain in p2
    • Who cares? Both this poll and Carthaginians suck.

Carthaginians do as far as I know not have a lot to distinguish themselves competitively in 1v1. Style-wise, they only distinguish themselves with nonviable mercenaries. They do have their apartments which seem cool, but are locked to p2. When you reach p2, the minor advantage that apartments seem to offer doesn´t make a lot of impact(especially not with A24 p2 timings). Therefore I would like to do this suggestion:

Instead of apartments being locked to p2, I would like to see apartments being unlocked as soon as you have 5 p1 buildings. So for most builds that would mean 3 houses, a farmstead and a storehouse. It would give a small eco advantage, but only after you reached 50 pop. So it is a nice bonus but nothing over the top. The Carthaginian player still needs probably the 3 houses at the start, which means players still get a nice mix of houses and apartments(because mono-culture is boring). In later stages, Carthaginian players will still build houses if they lack stone or need pop quickly when the are housed. Also apartments in this suggestion no longer count as a requirement for p3.

I would like to hear your ideas on this.

Edited by LetswaveaBook
  • Like 1