some positive updates in a24 and few suggestions

king reza the great

hi guys

i gonna list some positive updates in a24 and give few suggestions too

1- outpost is more realistic now but it needs vision update too.

suggestion: for "vision update by 100 wood" better to increase height of the outpost (like tower update) to make it more realistic.

2- decreasing number of women on fields.

suggestion 1: better to set fields capacity to 3. because its annoying for a player to spread women of a full field to other fields.

suggestion 2: why corrals are steal useless? i think better to put a button in corrals that make sheeps automatically (and also a button to pause this ability) it leads players to use it more.

3- elephant stable

4- in a24 its easy to make chams

5- different languages for any civ that makes the game more realistic.

suggestion: idk about other languages but some of persian phrases are ridiculous.

for example "bale in chie ? بله این چیه؟ "

this phrase means "yes! what is it?" that does not make sense. it makes me laugh.

or "amade   آماده " that means "ready" but this word is a public word. better word is

"befarman  به فرمان" that means "ready for commands".

also the phrase "sarbaze shoma سرباز شما" for women should be removed because it means "your soldier" and all know women are not soldiers.

6- stronger towers, but it has weakness too. because it avoid players to play aggresive. but at least it does not makes towers useless in p3 like a23.

7- no heavy weapons in rome camp

8- no dance

9- vision in p1

10- women can build towers barracks etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, king reza the great said:

1- outpost is more realistic now but it needs vision update too.

suggestion: for "vision update by 100 wood" better to increase height of the outpost (like tower update) to make it more realistic.

I prefer upgrading the outpost to a sentry tower-like stone (or more wood) building, as in Delenda Est.

1 hour ago, king reza the great said:

2- decreasing number of women on fields.

suggestion 2: why corrals are steal useless? i think better to put a button in corrals that make sheeps automatically (and also a button to pause this ability) it leads players to use it more.

Agreed, there should be a production trickle or related idle command.

2 hours ago, king reza the great said:

suggestion: idk about other languages but some of persian phrases are ridiculous.

this phrase means "yes! what is it?" that does not make sense. it makes me laugh.

or "amade   آماده " that means "ready" but this word is a public word. better word is

also the phrase "sarbaze shoma سرباز شما" for women should be removed because it means "your soldier" and all know women are not soldiers.

The language choices for the Achaemenids were supposed to be Old Persian and Avestan, the latter probably exclusive to the magi. I believe these are just placeholders until a willing voice-over can produce the needed sound files.

2 hours ago, king reza the great said:

7- no heavy weapons in rome camp

You mean no siege engines in the Roman siege camp?

Thanks for your comments!

• Like 1

Yes, the issue with languages is primarily that not many people are willing to record the voice over lines, and some languages do not yet even have proper translations.

Here is the list of voice actor lines:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Audio_Voice_List

There is also an old list on the forum and much discussion about which words to use:

People contributing translations or voice over lines is most welcome. Even if the voice recording quality is poor, it can still be used to show people who have a better recording setup how to pronounce the lines correctly.

However, even the official list is somewhat outdated as features like Capture have been added, which do not have words in the lists.

Edited by Samulis
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 8:17 PM, king reza the great said:

also the phrase "sarbaze shoma سرباز شما" for women should be removed because it means "your soldier" and all know women are not soldiers

These voices captured based on current voice structure of the game and i was asked to follow the existing structure , and I agree with you some of them may not be a good choice.

Although there was a design that I suggested to implement for voice structure , and it was for whole game not only Persian but it require development and we didn't have volunteer to implement it and sadly i cannot help on development part.

you can check this post:

if we can find someone to help the development part , i promise you in next release the Persian voice to be perfect :)