Alpha, Player Color and Atlas

GK_Daniel

Hey guys,

From my current understanding, Atlas and the actor viewer dont actually show up entities with the player color, right?

But again, I'm having issues that I cant somehow find out why. The actor is showing with blue-ish color, although my texture has the alpha channel in place, with the blue parts erased( as far as I can tell, I even manually erased lots of stuff ... Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks again for all your help!

Screenshot from 2019-02-20 10-27-58.png

r2_base_tex_good.png

The actor file needs to be assigned a player color material instead of a basic or objectcolor material. The last two options will solidify any transparent pixels left behind, hence the blue. You ought to desaturate those parts of the image to keep them from muddying the player color once the right material is assigned

Alpha transparency is a bit tricky to get right.

Usually you add a 2% visible white layer below the one with transparency in Gimp.

You can also use the fade to alpha tool in Gimp add another transparent layer. Select the transparent areas and past them on the bottom layer reducing the visibility by trial and error until it retains enough details and still displays color.

Areas you want to be player color should be shades of grey :)

9 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Usually you add a 2% visible white layer below the one with transparency in Gimp.

Areas you want to be player color should be shades of grey :)

This did the trick. Thank you!

Atlas should be able to give us the player colors. :P

Edited by GK_Daniel