Alpha 21 - General Meta discussion

Mr.Monkey

Hey guys just wondering what you all think on the new changes. What do you think has become stronger, what is weaker, and what is viable.

Personally, even though I haven't played too much of a21, from what I could tell champs have been heavily nerfed (rightly so) when it comes to destroying buildings, which indirectly buffs rams and crush units such as the Mauryan Yoddhas and the Iberian Champion Cavalry Skirmisher. However I don't think either of the civs are OP since they lack in other areas.

The good old Skiritai commando rush pretty much got an overall buff, and Spartans also got another buff which is the ability to get champions at phase 2, granted they are very expensive but it can be worth the rush. So Spartans seem to be in a very good position imo.

Civs like Macedonians, Britons, Iberians and Mauryans will continue to have good late game since they still have strong champs and battering rams, however they wont be as strong as people will most likely start using rush tactics with citizen soldiers and 2nd phase champions.

This is just my personal opinions, what are your guys thoughts?

• Like 2

sorry to ask you this question, but I would like to know ... propio
But the Romans leggionari that there are on the editor or: Mariani, and Roman Centurions can expect implemented in the main game or the editor will remain ?? Anyone answer me thank you.
Apart from the A21 and the new updates I really like ... so keep it up ... and if you implemented well the animation of the buildings distruggono.Vi thank you once again and I greet you;)

5 hours ago, Phalanx said:

Well, the Seleucids are doing fairly well.  Obviously, the Successors will come more into the meta once battalions/formations are completed.  But the Ptolemaics are in a hard spot due to the lack of a second champ.

I agree, ptolemies have been very weak for awhile for that reason and also the fact that they can only spawn champions from fortresses.

I haven't played Seleucids for a long time, I will be sure to test them out a bit tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Monkey said:

I agree, ptolemies have been very weak for awhile for that reason and also the fact that they can only spawn champions from fortresses.

I haven't played Seleucids for a long time, I will be sure to test them out a bit tonight.

There's been small discussion to give them Aegma phalangites as a second champ, because with average cav, and expensive and lackluster infantry, they really need a boost that way.  They are even more crippeled by the fact that the Aegma cav train VEEERY slowly, while the Seleucids dont have that problem due to Daphne Parade.  Besides wood gathering, the Seleucids are better than the Ptolemaics in very way, which isnt very balanced.... ;)

• Like 2