A different type of - thieves and spies

sicunder

Civilian and military spy and thief units.

Civillian spy- female

If i make a spy female unit and task her on the fields of my enemy, he will not notice as the woman will appear to him in his own team colour and also take up his population slot and work for him that is add food to his stocks. But her line of sight will be visible to me.

This can be used by any enemy civilization as the unit is simple generic female. Also this will be available from village stage.

And can be trained from civic centre.

Millitary spy - 

Normal military spies (Baracks)

These Millitary units will appear as his own units to the enemy based on team colour. They will follow all his orders to arrange themselves in formations and march upto a designated point as he wishes. But when he orders them to attack my own units by right click they will just march up to the target and do nothing. 

Also millitary spy units can be used by me to attack his own units but when i do so the unit will change it's colour to my team .

Champion level military spies - (from fortress only) 

These spies will be similar to normal military spies except that they will have additional bonus against heroes and champion units. And they will be enemy civilization specific. That is one can not train just a generic champion spy. It has to be specific like spy vishkanya swordswoman against mauryans. 

All spy units will be invisible in neutral land. 

And spies in your territory can be revealed if you press a button with some cost in your cicic centre.

All spy units have extra 50 metal cost.

Edited by sicunder
Adding information
  • Like 3

Thanks for replying to my post despite my poor english. @Lion.Kanzen

I am new to the game but like the concept a lot. Specially

1. That of all males can be military. 

2. Territory system

3. Female food gathering bonus.

4. Mauryan work elephant is just perfect.

Regarding spies technology in aoe series i think it's too simplistic. My spy suggestion of deep cover military and support units will give it another twist altogether. Just my two cents it's just an idea not a request. That means I have no problem if it's never implemented. :)

Edited by sicunder

Spy units come with a lot of design difficulties. Like you should probably be able to attack a unit that comes to spy for you. But how would that go? If the cursor changes to an attack cursor when hovering it, it will be clear enough that it's a spy.

Also, there's no such thing as a generic female. Citizens of different civs are dressed differently. And letting the citizen change clothes based on what enemy you're sending it to will be very weird. Also, how would you decide what enemy you send it to (what apparent ownership is given) when you have multiple enemies?

9 hours ago, sanderd17 said:

Also, there's no such thing as a generic female. Citizens of different civs are dressed differently. And letting the citizen change clothes based on what enemy you're sending it to will be very weird.

How about each player (other than the spy's owner) seeing the female spy with the graphics of one of its own female units?

On 5/29/2016 at 5:17 PM, Andrettin said:

How about each player (other than the spy's owner) seeing the female spy with the graphics of one of its own female units?

Yes that is what I was trying to mod out (https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20749-thieves-and-spies/) but I think it's might be hard to swap a unit like that where it is "unattackable" from the other side (or at least knowing which Engine command to send).  Im still trying to figure out if this disguise is possible, ie clone a unit, have it count as your unit, have it appear as the other civ (since the colors need to line up).