Cavalry too weak? ( balance issue )

Av448

there is, like, no real reason to get cavalry. Sure, they move fast and all.... but that's pretty much it.

they are more expensive.

they can't help build/work in any way

they receive a beatiful x3 damage from certain infantry classes

they only work well for moving fast, because in pretty much everything else they are subpar.

I don't want to be that guy, but they really need some buff.... something they could use on their favor.

I think dismounting could do the trick, i mean, have them dismount their mounts so they can work like every other class.

So, how would it work? there is this "Corral" thing that i think nobody uses. Well, they could garrison their horses inside it. And then stand on foot like every other class. This way, they can work. And they could also fight, like every other class and without the x3 bonus damage against them, however, dismount they would fight a little weaker, without being too much. Just a little disadvantage. Their cost could remain the same. And to mount them again, just get them to the corral where their horses are, and put some "release horse" option on there for when a dismounted cavalry is on there. That way, they mount again, receiving x3 damage from infantry as usual and not being able to work.

An easier fix would be nerfing that x3 bonus damage, and nerfing it hard. Something like x1.5 would be fine, x2 at best. And making cavalry cheaper along with it. That would be an easier fix than the whole dismount option thing

Edited by Av448

Is suppose to be the Persian and Seleucid have more strong cavalry. But I'm not sure.

Yep, according to the dev files, the Seleucids and Persians are the strong cav factions, Seleucids are the strongest, but as of right now the Seleucid cav is pretty weak. Though, hopefully it'll be fixed in a later Alpha, like maybe 20.

I do agree though, but more specifically. Javelin cav need to have a longer range, because they are just useless.

But, if you want good and useful cav, play as Seleucids or Persians and use the Dahae Horse Archers. Those are quite useful as support cav. Dealing damage as your pikes or spears hold an enemy in place.

But yeah, cav needs work, which they are working on.

Edited by SeleucidKing