AI difficulty

DragonzDoom

Hello to all,

I am new here and to the game, which is better than what Microsoft has in AoE2 HD Edition. This I say for the graphics, and the look of the game.

As for the subject I came here to ask, if very easy could be made easier? The AI build up very quickly, I being a learner get annihilated before I

can build up an army strong enough to fight.

Could you please tell me where the match setting window can be found... I can't find it, a screen shot with it shown would even help.

He means the Match setup window, where you choose what map you want to play on, what settings to use etc. As you mention the "Very Easy" AI I assume you're already aware of the gear icon and changing AI settings and rather are looking for changes to be made to the AI itself to make it less aggressive/allowing you to build up more before it attacks?

• Like 1

You still have the sandbox level, in which the AI will not attack, so you have plenty of time to practise and attack it.

Otherwise, can you be more explicit: when you are attacked by the AI in very easy, how many units does it have and how many do you have ? I've never played at this level, but as the gathering rate of the AI is reduced by a factor 2 compared to yours and in addition it has to keep some defense units at its cc, you should have more defensive units than the AI has attacking ones.

In the starting phase, do not build too much structures and do not invest too much resources in technologies, and find the right combination between training units and building structures.

When I wrote this I was close to being a beginner. I was always with no more than 12 units, trying to gather resources to go to level 2 with technology, to be more powerful. But the AI would attack with numbers of 20 to 30 units, giving me close to no chance in winning, and a loss would be the outcome.

Since that I tried different maps, to see if I can find at least one map I can win on. After a while I came to Belgian Bog for 2 players, while playing I noticed the AI were not attacking me, which puzzled me. On the end I reached tech 3, and was building up, took time because I still didn't know all the structures, and which would give me, what tech....

I finally came to the structure that would give me rams, which I needed, since the AI had concrete walls around them with towers, while I got only an empty block of land. On the end I won, the game took somewhere between 1 to 2 hours, the AI had lots of workers, and would rebuild at another part of the map, finding where and killing all the workers took time. Never tried sandbox level, since I was not sure how that level played.

Try to create a strong economy than pass to the next phase.

This way you can produce more military soldiers than the Ai the first attack is near to minute 14 , another tip is use 150 pop limit in your settings this way you learn the si uses less soldiers and you learn how manage a little population. Is proportional the attack , I recommend perform a house wall to protect your farms. And build some wooden tower.

-I use 150 pop because the lag issue-

I did start using 150 pop, that is how I won the first map mentioned above, but now I have won again on a different map, Corinthian Isthmus also 2 player. Was a way shorter game. I have been a few times at youtube, it is the place that I found out about 0 A.D.

Edited by DragonzDoom