Some bugs (Rhododactylus)

DonSkallon

-Construction bug:

Sometimes when ordering a group of men to build a wall, they will gather round a piece of the wall and

they will seem busy building, but the wall isn't getting built. Sometimes selecting the men and ordering them

again will fix it.

-Ghost construction workers of the enemy.

I was playing as Spartans against Atheneans(Computer; Petra bot) on the Cylcid Archipelago.
At one point I had colonised an island just south of the island where the Atheneans had their base.
I saw that enemy forts were being constructed on the north-east side of my newly colonised island,

but no enemy men where there at all. I kept destroying the forts before they were built(the scaffolding),

but they just kept being rebuilt, appearantly by nobody.

-Graphic water bug:
Horizontal bands appear in the water surface in most games.

-A.I. bug/problem:

Sometimes in levels where you are divided by water from the enemy(Petra bot), the enemy sometimes

never bothers to cross the water with boats to colonise other land or attack you. Sometimes they never

even build a dock. Is this a bug? Or an alternative, defensive strategy of Petra bot? It's kind of boring.

If you're going to solve this I would like to suggest adding an option for varying degrees of A.I./difficulty.
If this bug does NOT occur Petra bot is often incredibly difficult to beat or even survive. It's AMAZING

how fast PetraBot can build large armies, gather loads of resources, upgrade their arms and age up. Too

fast to be realistic. Though a nice "Hard" setting for the hardcore RTS gamer, it would make the game

alot more fun to play if it had at least 1 other difficulty setting/A.I. level: One in which Petra bot is a bit

slower in developping and where it is a bit easier to at least fend them off and keep up with them.

Edited by DonSkallon
  • Like 1

Before the issues are addressed they need to be reported! :)

The construction bug and AI bug are linked to the pathfinder and it is being replaced, so just stay updated :)

The visibility bug is unknown to me though, could you send the commands.txt corresponding to that game? See . Thanks in advance!

-Construction bug:

One of your units was probably standing on the foundation. This sometimes happens if you have a lot of units standing on a spot and then you start building something on exactly that spot. All units will get to a spot around the foundation where they can build and when no more spots are left, they might block the path for those who are still on the building ground.

-Ghost construction workers of the enemy.

That's just the foundation. The AI can place foundations anywhere, the same way you can do it.

It should probably stop trying to build on the same spot if the foundation gets destroyed too many times (or wait with foundation placement until builders are closer).

Concerning the AI problems, there were cases (but should be quite rare) where petra was not able to find a proper placement for its dock. Or it may happen that, because of the poor pathFinding in water, its ships are blocked by some obstacle and do not move. The dock placement is fixed in svn, and the pathFinding is being worked on.

For the AI levels, are you aware that you already have several available (click on the gears between the player name and the civ name in the game selection window)?

In the default (Medium) one, the AI has the same gathering speed as the player, so it is not "Too fast to be realistic" :closedeyes: , but you can change the level towards easier ones in which AI have a reduced gathering speed. The gathering speeds are 0.5, 0.66, 1, 1.33 and 1.66 for very-easy, easy, medium, hard and very-hard respectively.

Concerning the AI problems, there were cases (but should be quite rare) where petra was not able to find a proper placement for its dock. Or it may happen that, because of the poor pathFinding in water, its ships are blocked by some obstacle and do not move. The dock placement is fixed in svn, and the pathFinding is being worked on.

For the AI levels, are you aware that you already have several available (click on the gears between the player name and the civ name in the game selection window)?

In the default (Medium) one, the AI has the same gathering speed as the player, so it is not "Too fast to be realistic" :closedeyes: , but you can change the level towards easier ones in which AI have a reduced gathering speed. The gathering speeds are 0.5, 0.66, 1, 1.33 and 1.66 for very-easy, easy, medium, hard and very-hard respectively.

Ahh okay I did not know that. Thanks. shall try it right now.

And about the AI problem: Yeah eventually I conquered the Atheneans and saw they placed their dock in a bay close to the edge of the map.

I think their ships got trapped there.

And about the Ghost construction issue:

They were enemy forts being built outside of their territory. I thought you could only build forts on your own territory?

Ran into some more bugs today.

Not sure if it's a bug, but today I played the map "Sicily against Corsica" and though the mini map is round,

the actual map was rectangulair and fit inside the normally circulair area of the map.

Another bug that stuck around from the previous 0AD version Qoercus is that when I select a soldier and
click on the "garisson"button and then change my mind and rightclick the garisson option away the garisson-

cursor sometimes remains. Even when I try to select other soldiers, the symbol stays and I can't select new
Soldier sometimes.

Other than that, there's only the same old "game goes very slow when ordering around 70+ soldiers"-problem.
All else works like a charm.

Edited by DonSkallon