Relative unit strengths and weaknesses ui?

Giotto

Hi.

I think it would be a good idea to implement a basic ui similar to the tech tree which shows a basic combat guide, with the various counters each unit has. It can be frustrating trying to find which units to use in a particular battle with only the unit hack/pierce stats. It doesn't have to be complicated, maybe just an icon with the unit at the top and what units it is good against bellow and bad against bellow that. Its hard for new players to learn things like archers and melay cav are both good and bad against each other (due to the archers low armour and the horses speed but large target).

You mean like this

B2R7MY3.png

The problem as Stan say above is there are not hard counters, only with cavalry vs spearman/pikeman , your armies need be balanced

RPS diagram is called in Empire Earth I. The RPS (Rock Paper Scissors) is used to know the relationship beteween units based in hard counter principle, but this not obviusly in A18, I see some players , that don't play 0 AD in long time ( Osiris) try to use old counter system and fail now game is balance beteween hard counter and mass units tactics, in A17 you can win only spamming units.

I just mean something with the most effective troops, e.g pikemen would be at the top as your focus troop and listed bellow would be the troops it counters, such as spear cav etc. I know there aren't hard counters but some troops are more effective than others right?

Edited by Giotto