How make the attach for prop? - Blender

I have the model ,

A8702le.png

I was reading some trac data about that but is obviusly outdated

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument#Tutorial:Propingwithpyrogenesis3dsmaxplugin

How i can make the prop points , I plan have several props from a same meshe and the tuto says;

we can create multiple prop points. This can be useful because you could add variety with a random function that swaps out prop actors with every new entity created in the game. So, for example, with this one, we could have that shield actor switch out with a collection of shield props. However, for the purpose of this tutorial we will consider this collection of props as one prop.

And how make/add the other level of props to entity, example buildingn_name.dae, buildingn_name_prop1.dae , buildingn_name_prop1.dae .

Other cuestions:

how canI split a face in blender or can do it this:

-Double sided faces.

0AD’s engine does not render double-sided faces, if you want them to be shown in the game, you have to duplicate the face, and invert the normal. It is also good to move it a tiny bit, so they do not overlap for easier selection/modification or when baking AO.

in blender of course.

Name of prop point or empty (or dummy in max?) must be prop-something or prop_something (I look at existing dae and they are named like this). Iguess this is so the engine know that these are prop points. In the actor you don't need to use the pro- or prop_ it is assume.

I see this in m_hero.dae

<node id="prop-r_shoulder-node" name="prop-r_shoulder" sid="prop-r_shoulder-node" type="JOINT">                    <translate>0.273733 -0.012879 -0.000475</translate>                    <rotate>0.000076 0.999993 -0.003773 -180.042</rotate>                    <scale>0.005807 0.005807 0.005807</scale>                  </node>
Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I need create the dae and add that line with a with my custom prop name

Should add it with a empty node in Blender where you want it. I think you can rename the empty node in Blender to prop-{custom_prop_name}. If you add it in dae by hand you will not know right coordinate.

EDIT: See enrique's post,

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1