New proposals to Aristeia

Lion.Kanzen

Proposal for Aristeia

Hello team developers , players and contributors, I want diversify Aristeia gameplay, using other mods.

- I ask to @Wowgetoffyourcellphone if I can use some of Delenda est code to our game.

The included changes will be
- can build storehouses and farmsteads outside territory but they lost health ( Delenda est)

- have temple bonus heal nearby units with visual aura (Delenda est)

-have Lordgood wheat farms ( Ponies Ascendants)

-have Lion's basic tech tree ( see the link. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19468&hl=lion) as default for every culture.

-implement basic units for Minoans and Mycenaeans
a unit with a dagger( Minoans) , short-swordsman, archer, spearman, hoplite and spearman cavalry

My next changes in Aristeia will be:

New icons to the buildings

H1sb35l.png
New textures for Minoans and Mycenaeans

@niektb we can add this to task to Git Hub, what you think?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Would you mind discussing your changes before committing them? Especially since you retired from the team you shouldn't make changes before asking the team's opinion. I personally would like to see an in-game screenshot with your icons for example before you integrate them in the mod.

A little while ago Zophim stated that he was getting more and more a definite vision on how Aristeia should look and feel. Consequently I think we should consult him on changes, especially since he did (and does) a lot of research and design docs. Unfortunately he has little time now but he will be more available from May and onwards. Instead it might be a good idea to double check content additions with other developers till Zophim is more available.

For the tech tree: what are the ideas behind the techs? Is there a coherent idea behind it or is everything just taken from other games (without looking if they fit together gameplay-wise)? Also is it historically accurate? Does it fit in our timespan? I see techs that are taken from games that describe a much later (or different) history timespan

Would you mind discussing your changes before committing them? Especially since you retired from the team you shouldn't make changes before asking the team's opinion. I personally would like to see an in-game screenshot with your icons for example before you integrate them in the mod.

A little while ago Zophim stated that he was getting more and more a definite vision on how Aristeia should look and feel. Consequently I think we should consult him on changes, especially since he did (and does) a lot of research and design docs. Unfortunately he has little time now but he will be more available from May and onwards. Instead it might be a good idea to double check content additions with other developers till Zophim is more available.

For the tech tree: what are the ideas behind the techs? Is there a coherent idea behind it or is everything just taken from other games (without looking if they fit together gameplay-wise)? Also is it historically accurate? Does it fit in our timespan? I see techs that are taken from games that describe a much later (or different) history timespan

Hehe I knew , dont sorry the changes are reversible, im testing the icons, we can reverse it, I trying the new icons fits with the concept total war. Total war icons was very controversial too.

About the tech we need change the name I'm focus in the effect. The wheel barrow is very inaccurated for example. The tech tree was made for several type of mods so the name is generic. We need adapted.

About Zophim , yes I miss him to, I'm waiting his document desing for Mycenaeans and Minoans, for now we need make a premake for testing.

What about the other changes?

Keep mind we are testing, I'm not brooking the gameplay, only testing alternatives.

Hehe I knew , dont sorry the changes are reversible, im testing the icons, we can reverse it, I trying the new icons fits with the concept total war. Total war icons was very controversial too.

About the tech we need change the name I'm focus in the effect. The wheel barrow is very inaccurated for example. The tech tree was made for several type of mods so the name is generic. We need adapted.

About Zophim , yes I miss him to, I'm waiting his document desing for Mycenaeans and Minoans, for now we need make a premake for testing.

What about the other changes?

Keep mind we are testing, I'm not brooking the gameplay, only testing alternatives.

Actually you are by using GPL3 content...

Ok I will revert the icons changes, but I have my resons to work with these concept unles we found a Illustrator.

I can try to imitate Pureon's style but is more dificult create icons for Aristeia. If problem is looks some flat that can be fixed

If problem are the color we can try for another way.

Github has a very cool feature for such testing called 'branching'.

You fork a mod, implement your changes and when you feel it is ready you can open a 'pull request' which notifies the other about that you want something to merge from your merge into the master branch and creates a small discussion thread.

You indeed added a GPL3 license file to Aristeia (why actually?) Which means that code in Aristeia can't be merged into 0 A.D. itself.

Edited by niektb

Github has a very cool feature for such testing called 'branching'.

You fork a mod, implement your changes and when you feel it is ready you can open a 'pull request' which notifies the other about that you want something to merge from your merge into the master branch and creates a small discussion thread.

You indeed added a GPL3 license file to Aristeia (why actually?) Which means that code in Aristeia can't be merged into 0 A.D. itself.

xD and not you tell me. Ok I'm not to know git hub , only the basic can be nice make a guide for noobs like me. The feedback is good.

What Lincense? May be was a mistake

Edited by Lion.Kanzen