What does 0ad add that others RTS games don't?

Giotto

Basically I'm interested in gameplay, not graphics although those are great, but in combat, economics, etc. What does it do better than games such as a.o.e 2? I understand this is heavily based on realism which I appreciate but am looking for things beyond that. Fantastic work so far BTW its great to see how an open source, free game can be so in depth and playable.

Considering it's not a finished game you can expect some changes to the gameplay. So it will mostly be the gameplay from AOE/Empire Earth + the fighting of total war, + specific things that will not be common to any RTS. Another good thing for you would be to watch 0ad videos, there is a video thread on the forums. :)

• Like 2

as an rts, not much is new, (though it does merge some ideas, territory + formations in an RTS Game? Dafuq?).....

As a game.. I quite like the fact it's literally the only game that i can sit in the multiplayer lobby, go windowed mode and start browsing the web.
All without crashing

All without crashing, ON LINUX. (linux is key)

oh also, it's one of the very few "Good" Linux RTS games.

• Like 1