(Iron Age) TASK == Map: Last Resistance (Excerpt of the Roman conquest of Gaul)

I need a bit of help as of how to knock out the AI. Is it possible to have two human players, one being trigger controlled? Or how else could I get rid of the AI other than overriding the AI files (not talking of UnitAI or BuildingAI here, but of bots).

Also I have no idea how to load a map, i.e. play, without victory condition at all? My guess is adding an empty Victory condition in maps/scripts/ .

Or should the complete campaign's map.js go in the maps/scripts/ folder?

Instead of residing next to map.pmp (terrain) and map.xml (map/entities/player data).

I figured new entities can be spawned even without the player existing when the map is loaded? Is this correct? (Then my getting-rid of AI question is obsolete.)

As i see it. it means players can be added dynamically later in the game? It terms of mp, we could even make observers control those new entities.

btw. what happens if owner is null? is it Gaia?

s/It terms/In terms/

If you look at the Gallic fields map you'll see that the Roman intruders are Gaia.

True, though that's suboptimal, not only due to player colour but also as the player should be allowed to choose sides (triggers already support multiple players, see e.g. Yves' multiplayer trigger map because triggers can be distinguished per player (in the trigger code, not when querying for trigger points. i.e. querying for trigger point "A" will give you all trigger points called "A" of all players.)).

Can we build walls on rivers rada ? I was thinking of a special wall with a grid to let water pass for instance something like this with a grid inside.

Good idea stan. We could have such walls if we deal with obstructions + forbidden classes. Perhaps if we create a stream small enough (less than obstruction minimum size) we might be able to build ontop of it.

Or if we leave out the middle obstruction of the wall segment? (In the xml at least there is an option to define such a gap. it's used for bridges' border to not make units wall directly on the edge of the bridge.)

Edited by Hephaestion

Variation picking depending on biome/terrain texture?

Sounds very useful for building a wall stretching from a desert to a glacier. The winter wall segments variation on glacier terrain texture would then be able to get automatically picked.

I think currently we have random variation selection with the awesome feature that trys to maintain previous selections when promoting units (such that units keep their beard). :D

Edited by Hephaestion

Oh, a beardy general? Decimus Brutus? A beardy Gaul capable of throwing obelisks? A tiny Gaul hunting wild boar, btw. I didn't find a boar in Atlas. Did I overlook it? Isn't it the same mesh as the house pig? Though I feel a bit strange when putting such a pink house pig into a Gallic forest.

Or perhaps a miraculous druide? Or the Roman Commander in Chief, fellow consul of Mark Antony, the late husband of Cleopatra, mother of Ptolemy?

Btw. is it true Gauls bear their chieftain ontop of a shield?

Edited by Hephaestion