Macbook & linux

Mac book with leopard OSX i want to know if its possible have dual boot and what distro of Linux is more compatible with my mack specially with internet wireless hardware drivers.

jQycj3w.jpg

Im very new in linux im look for a version most friendly user like linux mint (14-16) or Ubuntu but i need highly use internet and a system of files manager like mac or windows instaler.

I hate use the terminal and I most advences GUI.

For a quick answer Lion try goggling (your Mac model # Linux) you should get quite a few pages of hits ;) Dual booting is part of the initial install the installer will find your OSX system and setup GRUB the boot loader for dual boot.Your main decision will be how to partition the hard drive for both OSX and Linux they use different files systems.Mint should do just fine check out the different desktops that are available a few are very lite on resources.You should not have to worry all that much about drivers try booting from a LiveCD if it does not find a particular bit a hardware then try a different distro one with a newer kernel(where the drivers live in Linux).

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

For a quick answer Lion try goggling (your Mac model # Linux) you should get quite a few pages of hits ;) Dual booting is part of the initial install the installer will find your OSX system and setup GRUB the boot loader for dual boot.Your main decision will be how to partition the hard drive for both OSX and Linux they use different files systems.Mint should do just fine check out the different desktops that are available a few are very lite on resources.You should not have to worry all that much about drivers try booting from a LiveCD if it does not find a particular bit a hardware then try a different distro one with a newer kernel(where the drivers live in Linux).

Enjoy the Choice :)

nice answer i do same with a Dell XpS 1334 and is good one for my two older laptop.

The Ubuntu installer offers to run without installing, so you could try that first to make sure it will run on your computer.

When partitioning, Linux will need at least 1 partition for system and data, and 1 swap partition. The installer should come up with recommendations for you. Also, you should be able to access your Mac partitions from Ubuntu, so if you have data you need to use on both systems, no problem. I don't know if you can access the Linux partitions from MacOS tough.

• Like 1