Cool Ideas

Keaton the Wise

And what about a mercenary camp for some factions that you can build. too hire some type of troops that your nation dont have.

we call to that minifactions but i think need a new name for that feature, may be new mercenary camp building, a Gaia building controlled by a player in game, where you can train biome mercenaries and enemy Special and common unit.

What's the problem with units on walls again?

It's in the basic graphical layer of the engine which controls everything that is shown on screen and how it is shown so it means a complete rewrite of low level code which effects every other element of the game engine so doing it will be slow(6-8 months of hard work) and the bug chasing may take as long ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

So every ticket idea has to go through one guy an his team?

Either, you have a suggestion with code ready, or something you want to do yourself, then you can open a ticket, and we will guide you further. Or it has to be a feature really wanted by the design team (which Michael is a member of, but also quantumstate and alpha123). If a feature is neighter of those, it will just be closed as invalid. Believe me, we have enough suggestions. We just lack people working on the implementation.

If you really want a certain feature, you'll have to start working on it yourself, so that you can present us with some results.

Oh. That's too bad. So what else will be included in the part 2 that will never see the light of part 1? Will Part 2 be available for free in the Ubuntu Software Center?

We just need to limit ourself. Otherwise, part I will never be finished. We didn't really plan part 2 so far though, only moved some nice features that would ask too much time, and aren't really necessary, to part 2.

But part 2 will probably be an extension to part 1, so using the same code. That would mean, that part 1 will also keep updating, and any feature that's added to part 2 will also be a post-release feature for part 1.

Oh. That's too bad. So what else will be included in the part 2 that will never see the light of part 1? Will Part 2 be available for free in the Ubuntu Software Center?

You can bring more people to work with this. And if the ideas don't affect the gameplay, is fine, obviusly I'm talking about the ideas that will come not only for these.

Ok. Does anyone else have some ideas they would like to share?

You are aware there is a 119 page thread full of suggestions, right? ;) =) I'm sure there are people who do have ideas, and it's fine to share them, just be aware that most ideas have been suggested many times before and that we've had to limit even the things we are definitely wanting to add to the game to have a chance of finishing 0 A.D. within the foreseeable future ;) So it will take a lot to convince anyone to add something more to the game :) At least if you're not prepared to code it yourself/find someone to code it, it's a lot more likely that something will get added to the game if it's already done versus just an idea someone has which means even more work on top of everything else :)