The relation between the Rise of the East mod and the original game

Sturm

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to praise all people envolved in 0 AD, certainly one the best open games (and even compared to the closed ones) I've ever seen. Sorry about my poor English also, it is not my mother language.

So, I would like to ask what is exactly the relation between the The Rise of the East mod ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/rote ) and the original game? Why all the artwork done to the Rise of the East are not merged into the original game?

Besides, I can suggest you all to search for "Atlas of World History" in Pirate Bay and get some .pdf that can inspire for future features in the game.

http://thepiratebay.sx/search/Atlas%20of%20World%20History/0/99/0

Congrats again and best wishes form Brazil,

Sturm

Edited by Sturm

Thank you for the fast answer, Lion. But I still dont get it. I know its a mod, but the open license used in the game allows you all to merge just citing the authors of the mod, nope? You may see that my question is the same of many people, as you can read in the Mod's forum, where someone wrote months ago, for example: "btw: i really can't understand why this isn't an official part of 0AD, have you ever thought of making your mod part of the game itself?". The questions was answered by WFG-Kimball, who stated that "Part of the reason we chose to remain independent was to serve as a proof for the community. A few of us are also members of WFG, and we'd like to show the community what the engine is capable of and hopefully encourage people to try some modding of their own as a result." But again, I think that most people finds out the joining the same group could be better than splitting up. I know its a not a consensus, but...

Edited by Sturm

Thank you for the fast answer, Lion. But I still dont get it. I know its a mod, but the open license used in the game allows you all to merge just citing the authors of the mod, nope? You may see that my question is the same of many people, as you can read in the Mod's forum, where someone wrote months ago, for example: "btw: i really can't understand why this isn't an official part of 0AD, have you ever thought of making your mod part of the game itself?". The questions was answered by WFG-Kimball, who stated that "Part of the reason we chose to remain independent was to serve as a proof for the community. A few of us are also members of WFG, and we'd like to show the community what the engine is capable of and hopefully encourage people to try some modding of their own as a result." But again, I think that most people finds out the joining the same group could be better than splitting up. I know its a not a consensus, but...

Yah but in my opinion until a vanilla game ( official 1.0 version) we need stay together, for example the game need be optimizate and full functionally (features) it's my IHMO.

I would say there are two main reasons:

One is respect, they have said that they want to do this as a mod, so then it would be rude of us to just ignore that and include it anyway. Especially since they have a good reason: to show what's possible via modding and inspire others to create mods of their own :)

Two, there is no reason to include a half-finished civilization. Once it's finished there might be reasons to consider including it in the main game, but not when it's just a few units and buildings and objects.

• Like 1