Careful with information in Wikipedia

anfialro

Some texts might specifically require more work, but in general everything in the game should be considered work-in-progress/not final/might change. In other words: that the game is called "Alpha" should be enough of a sign in general. Again, I'm not saying specific texts can't benefit from a [needs revision] tag or similar, just that it should be understood that the game is not finished yet.

That, and specific help is very valuable. General help like "you need to improve your lag" isn't help, but specific help like "this algorithm uses more time than it should, and here is a better version" can help a lot. The same with texts. Complaining generally about the texts, well, we know that already. But give a list of texts that definitely need improvement, and fixes for those, and it will help a lot.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

You can gather some and make a trac ticket for it (trac.wildfiregames.com), or make a forum post with a list of those.

I have an idea for correcting the game texts.

I think using the translation platform(https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0ad/language/en/) is easy to use. Many translators have noticed the problems and they have already pointed out by comments. All you have to do is just sign in and search one and edit, comment for, or suggest for it.

I think using the translation platform(https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0ad/language/en/) is easy to use. Many translators have noticed the problems and they have already pointed out by comments. All you have to do is just sign in and search one and edit, comment for, or suggest for it.

I don't think using transifex for that is good. We might need to switch to a different translation service in the future (maybe something we host ourself). Also, many comments and error reports are in a language not all team members can read. Sometimes error reports are also specific to a translation, and not about the original English text.

I do agree that it would be good to use the transifex comments to help with compiling such a list, but it isn't the best system to gather information.