For Honor and Glory new Design proposal.

Lion.Kanzen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, now i understood, excellent idea, whAT about this?:

call the mod 1,000 AD with 2 parts

part 1 called 1,000 AD: For Land and Money from 476 AD (Fall of Western Roman Empire) to 962 AD (Founding of the Holy Roman Empire) for a total of 486 years.

part 2 called 1,000 AD: For Honour and Glory from 962 AD (Founding of the Holy Roman Empire) - 1453 AD (Fall of Eastern Roman Empire) for a total of 491 years.

To follow the 0 AD original 500 years span idea.

Architectural group:

-Civilization 1

-Civilization 2

=== 1,000 AD: For Land and Money ===

Northern germans:

-Teutons

-Saxons

-Vikings

Southern germans:

-Franks

-Visigoths

-Lom

bards

Romans:

-Eastern romans

Muslims:

-Arabs

-Berebers

Slavs:

-Avars

-Moravians

-Bulgars

Phases:

1st phase: Tribal stage.

2nd phase: Village stage.

3rd phase: Feudal stage.

=== 1,000 AD: For Honour and Glory ===

Romans:

-Byzantines

Italians:

-Venetians

-Sicilians

-Genoans

-Florentines

Germanics:

-English

-Germans

-French

Muslims:

-Sarrasens

-Turks

-Berebers

Iberians:

-Castilians

-Aragoneses

-Portugueses

Slavs:

-Polish

-Kievans

-Novgorodians

-Bulgars

Magyars:

-Hungarians

19 factions... they are too many factions for part 2, perhaps mixing some factions into its simplified equivalents?

Florentines, Genoans => Northern italians (that would add the possibility of somehow representing milan, piemonte and papal states)?

Kievans, Novgorodians => Rus?

Berebers, Sarrasens => Sarrasens?

Castilians, Aragonseses => Spaniards?

Phases:

1st phase: Feudal stage

2nd phase: Burg stage

3rd phase: Urban stage

Edited by NoMolester

I've got some little adjustments to your civ list:

I think that one mod is enough. We'd better could shrink the timespan.

The dark Age isn't very interesting so I would propose to start the mod with the first viking invasion and let it end with the capture of Byzantium.

793 AD - 1453 AD.

Furthermore I would say that the civs could evolve. So the vikings will be called either English or Normans, just what the player wishes and so on.

The civlist would be:

• Vikings => English / Normans
  • Saxons => English
  • Franks => French
  • Teutons => HRE
  • Eastern Romans => Byzantines
  • Sarracens => Ottomans
  • Iberians => Spaniards
  • Venetians
  • Slavs => Magyars.

I'm not sure if the evolutions are 100% accurate, but it's just the idea.

Indeed, most of niektb's "evolutions" are incorrect somehow, however niektb has an interesting point in his post.

I was thinking to divide the project in two parts, following a similar peace like 0 AD vanilla with the first part (For land and money) being a more conservative aproach with just 12 civs and no "evolving" factions and the second part (after having more experience) being a more audacious attempt with 14/19 civs and evolving nations.

But it seems nobody cares about dark ages or at least care less about them than the classical knightly high middle age and releasing (and alpha-beta testing) a mod about the dark ages wouldnt attract too many people as a high middle ages one.

I want to make a linear continuation of 0 AD with the same structure: two parts with +-500 years from the date of the name (1,000 AD), to be more "representative/loyal/nostalgic/congruent" in relation to 0 AD and, following this line of thinking, a dark ages mod would not only be necessary but should it come before a high middle age mod. That's why i divided it.

EDIT: Also i kept the setttlement phases style instead of the classical "ages" format from AoE to give it more flexibility in terms of chronological representation of the game (besides the loyal/nostalgic/congruent relation to 0 AD vanilla).

I should make some sort of poll to measure the interest of the people here in the dark ages.

Edited by NoMolester

It's beter tot combine your skills hand create one good mod, instead of 2 average mods. Of course its possible to create achter each other.

With time can have more players as volunteers. All mods can grown with new 0 AD releases, for now we can't left to die this ideas. The other day I seen to Belisarivs online here.

For now we should pick a timespan, decide which civs to pick (not too many though) and create appropriate building, unit and tech trees.

Step 2 is the creation phase, in which we will model stuff and texture them and perhaps design new skirmish maps. And of course create backgroundwallpapers, icons etc.

Perhaps we should contact the older modders here to join us and get some work done.

We do not have to wait till beta stage of 0 A.D. because our main purpose is creating art, not programming gameplay.

Edit: After picking a timespan and the civs, I gladly would do some research into the civs and create civ trees. (I always wanted to participate in a mod!)

Edited by niektb

• 1 month later...