Alpha 14 Preview

Mythos_Ruler

I have still had problems with retina support. Please fix it. You don't know how hard it is to go through withdrawal from the game.

Do you build the game from SVN or only use the release bundles? I have some theories, but it's hard to test any of them without a Retina display. If someone with a Retina display is willing to help test, it can get done faster ;)

if is easy to fix they do in the next days, but if is hard to do is important put that in Knew problems topic. we don't want Angry Mac players.

It's already one of the top issues mentioned in the Known Problems (Please read before posting) topic.

What is it exactly that varies the level of difficulty? The amount of resources the AI collects and the frequency of attack or something?

You can change the difficulty with the settings button next to the AI selection dropdown in the game setup. Very Hard and Hard get a 66% and 33% resource collection bonus, Medium gets none but apart from that these 3 settings are currently using the same logic. Easy gets 33% less resources and should attack less often while Sandbox does get 66% less (don't pin me down on that last number though) and should not attack.

Difficulty modes (Alpha123 is right in that medium, hard and very hard use the same logic while easy is a little dumber and sandbox will never attack)

-Sandbox: 50% of the resource actually gathered are added to the resource count (in effect, gathering is twice as slow)

-Easy: 66%

-Medium: 100% (normal speed)

-Hard: 133%

-Very Hard: 166%