[Download] Alpha (0.1.1) - converting healers.

idanwin

Hi,

This is just a quick test version, probably has bugs and is hugely imbalanced (convert your enemy's civ center in 2sec) ... BUT it does have converting healers, which is enormous amounts of fun!

Here is the mediafire link

Changelog:

-Converting Healers

-Wololo cheat fix (able to choose target player)

-Skeleton props

-Superunit (cheat)

-Some egypt civ fixes (compatibility with 0ad svn build)

We've got some questions to ask you:

-How do you think converting should be?

Well, I'm off to play some 0ad :-)

Here is the link again:

Alpha 0.1.1 test Download

• Like 2

This a best Card for now to attract players. You can record some videos, this best way to people see how good is our work.

Other gameplay is important is the transformation of a unit into a Structure like a Cart into Civic Centre, even Main game can request this and you can give your first appareance in the programmer credit list.

I'll first improve on it a little: disable building conversion (should be unlockable with tech, but be slower than unit converting), move the conversion ability from attack.js to convert.js, ... when it's in a playable state (and not just a test), I'll upload a video.

I think some particle effect surrounding the targetted unit wouldn't be a bad idea either. And we need a sound effect as well!

When multiple priests target the same target this target should be converted quicker (this would require units to have the planned loyalty variable or something similar)

I think we should also add an aura effect to the units surrounding priests that makes them regenerate 'loyalty' faster.

The problem with this loyalty variable is that it is something 0ad has already planned, but I don't know how they hope to implement it so I can't really base our conversion units on the same system...

I don't understand why you can't help implement it for 0AD. There is currently now way we "hope to implement it", just because nobody started working on it.

A loyalty variable that is visible in the GUI, a bit like health is indeed something that has been discussed. Next to that, we want certain classes being able to capture certain other classes (like all soldiers can capture females, but only priests can capture soldiers). There was also a proposed difference between capturing and converting. Converting should happen automatically when the ranges and the times are right. Capturing should only happen when a command is given by the capturer.

I'm not sure if we can convert all units (Heroes obviusly not), the guys speak about, conversion the following females and sheep.

is not a conciliation how conversion can work. but if is like Age of empires 1 and 2, i haven't no problem with idawin send a patch to trac.

but the Team take a posture how can do? we are very interested to have a AOE and Aok gameplay as Basic Structure of Gameplay.

:) if is that like a you say i'm happy are great news for me.

...guy what is your problem? I can't explains to you things that you haven't any idea. Search or read previous posts.

The las time was a discuss with Unarmed.

Ok a I give a explanation to you read carefully, we discuss here, in this sub forum about a gameplay that idawin can implement, when he finish may be I propose to him other.

Ok my first idea was the feature of priest can convert other units.

Now please you can go to read about Sea people topic, there we planned other things for the mod. You understand what is a mod? XD. And may be include the mod feature to main game

If you don't participate in forums don't ask what I'm talking about.

Other thing I'm in ipad don't have to quote the threat that.

Clearly or you want to explain what is Aristeia too? Even I talk what is new in the forums.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen