An English Project about Video Games

So..kind of misleading title but not exactly untrue. I need to get a 100 responses and I'm really not sure how to go about this other than posting the survey link to random forum sites. My survey is on "How many hours a week do college students play video games?" If any of you could put the 3 or so minutes it would take for the survey then I would be grateful.

Link to my survey here

I don't really know about the other people on this forum, but although I probably spend up to 10 hours a week on games (... on 0AD, that is), I rarely play games. I think I only played 0AD for about 30 minutes, and that was in order to test models and textures.

(The forum seems to have erased the rest of my text on posting, but I agreed with Pureon and Sanderd17 and said some things about this still being in alpha and being open-source and not being average in any way)

(It's nice of you to post this here though ;-) )

Edited by idanwin

Yeah, I am aware. I really just need to get my 100 posts. This isn't for any serious research as you might think. To look at it in that sense though I guess I can get a more balanced look at the data by posting in forums dedicated to certain games and also to forums dedicated to students. I just assume much of the gaming populace does go to school as well so...yeah. Thanks to any who took the survey though!

Your guess is as good as mine. I really don't understand why my professor has asked us to do this. I think it's more for the experience of writing a primary research paper rather than the actual steps required to get to that point.

In that case it doesn't really matter how accurate your results are anyway xD

Yes, any good research methodology class in the fields I mentioned would definitely discuss reliability and validity.

But if you're just being evaluated for your writing, Perhaps you can make up the data. The prof will probably never tell the difference.

• Like 1

Yes, any good research methodology class in the fields I mentioned would definitely discuss reliability and validity.

But if you're just being evaluated for your writing, Perhaps you can make up the data. The prof will probably never tell the difference.

Haha, yeah. Honestly, if I didn't get the data that I wanted then I was going to just go and make up the rest. She wasn't asking for hard proof, but figured I'd at least try.